Contractor Account Manager - Northern CA
Rain Bird Corporation, the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years seeks a results-driven Regional Sales Manager to implement strategies for profitable product sales and market share growth in Landscape throughout their assigned region.
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal and leadership skills, as well as, be proactive, customer-oriented, and driven to succeed in a fast paced environment. He/She will be self-motivated and enjoy independent field work that will deliver extraordinary results.
He/she will work effectively at various customer levels including dealers, contractors, consultants and government bodies, to educate, justify and successfully sell Rain Bird irrigation products. Responsibilities may include irrigation technical training for distributors, assistance in merchandising, developing and expanding markets, etc. Be responsible for forecasting and providing input for the Landscape division on competitive information and market trends.
The person will be required to drive the sales and marketing effort of the Landscape business to develop and gain market share in a highly competitive market.
- Grow sales faster than the market growth rate and achieve sales objectives.
- Analyze the market as it relates to market share, penetration, and growth opportunities and develop an annual strategic plan to reach sales targets and corporate objectives.
- Successfully develop and implement local and regional programs to promote Rain Bird turf products.
- Develop and execute sales and promotional efforts with the Distributor Manager, Contractor Account Managers, Area Specification Managers and key distributors to grow Rain Bird sales with top professional irrigation contractor targets.
- Develop and maintain a project database and secure Rain Bird installations at strategic, high profile sites.
- Strive to differentiate Rain Bird from its competitors by providing superior customer service, high visibility, and aggressive call coverage cycle.
- Assist the Sales Manager and Product Managers in determining market needs.
- Educate and influence the irrigation contractor on the value of Rain Bird’s turf products, their application and key benefits as it relates to product preference.
- Participation and development of strategic contractor events, tradeshows and regional events.
- This position requires approximately 10-20% overnight travel.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree.
- Three to five years of sales experience and a proven ability to sell.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, and general business skills.
- Motivated, results oriented, self starter eager to take ownership of job requirements.
- Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheets and database applications.
- Bay area residence
- Irrigation design and contractor experience.
- Construction project management experience.
- MBA or graduate degree.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top