Contractor Account Manager - Inland Empire
Rain Bird, the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years, creates innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes, golf courses, and grows productive agricultural crops while saving water. Rain Bird seeks a results-driven Contractor Account Manager/ Regional Sales Manager to implement strategies for profitable product sales and market share growth in Landscape throughout their assigned region.
Combine your drive, energy, proven sales skills and achievements to provide a real-world solution that addresses smart water management and conservation. You have strong interpersonal and leadership skills, as well as, be proactive, customer-oriented, and driven to succeed in a fast paced environment. You are self-motivated and enjoy independent field work that will deliver extraordinary results. Your work history shows you work effectively at various customer levels including dealers, contractors, consultants and government bodies, to educate, justify and successfully sell products.
Responsibilities may include irrigation technical training for distributors, assistance in merchandising, developing and expanding markets, etc. You are responsible for forecasting and providing input to the Landscape division on competitive information and market trends.
You enthusiastically drive the sales and marketing effort of the Landscape business to develop and gain market share in a highly competitive market.
- Grow sales faster than the market growth rate and achieve sales objectives.
- Analyze the market as it relates to market share, penetration and growth opportunities and develop an annual strategic plan to reach sales targets and corporate objectives.
- Successfully develop and implement local and regional programs to promote Rain Bird turf products.
- Develop and execute sales and promotional efforts with the Distributor Manager, other Contractor Account Managers, Area Specification Managers and key distributors to grow Rain Bird sales with top professional irrigation contractor targets.
- Strive to differentiate Rain Bird from its competitors by providing superior customer service, high visibility, and aggressive call coverage cycle.
- Assist the Region Manager and Product Managers in determining market needs.
- Maintain, utilize and grow contractor database for direct marketing and communication efforts.
- Educate and influence the irrigation contractor on the value of Rain Bird’s turf products; their application and key benefits as it relates to product preference.
- Participation and development of strategic contractor events, tradeshows and regional events.
- This position requires approximately 10% overnight travel.
Who you are:
You are a creative problem solver with strong influencing skills. You have the ability to diagnose, analyze and recommend strategies for varied project/ jobs. You are highly motivated to achieve excellence and be surrounded by others who inspire innovation. You are an out of the box thinker and can easily rise up to the sales challenge. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree.
- Sales Management experience.
- 3-5 years of sales experience and a proven ability to sell.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, and general business skills.
- Motivated, results oriented, self starter eager to take ownership of job requirements.
- Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheets and database applications.
- Irrigation design and experience.
- MBA or graduate degree
- Bilingual -English and Spanish
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top