Contractor Account Manager
Rain Bird Corporation, the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years, creates innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes, golf courses, and grows productive agricultural crops while saving water. Rain Bird seeks a results-driven Contractor Account Manager to implement strategies for profitable product sales and market share growth throughout their assigned region.
Combine your drive, energy, proven sales skills and achievements to provide a real-world solution that addresses smart water management and conservation. You will have strong interpersonal and leadership skills, as well as, be proactive, customer-oriented, and driven to succeed in a fast paced environment. You will be self-motivated and enjoy independent field work that will deliver extraordinary results. Your work history shows you work effectively at various customer levels including dealers, contractors, consultants and government bodies, to educate, justify and successfully sell products.
Responsibilities may include irrigation technical training for distributors, assistance in merchandising, developing and expanding markets, etc. You are responsible for forecasting and providing input to the landscape division on competitive information and market trends.
You enthusiastically drive the sales and marketing effort of the irrigation business to develop and gain market share in a highly competitive market.
- Grow sales faster than the market growth rate and achieve sales objectives.
- Analyze the market as it relates to market share, penetration rates, growth opportunities and execute an annual strategic plan to achieve sales targets and corporate objectives.
- Successfully develop and implement local and regional programs to promote Rain Bird’s professional product line of turf products.
- Develop and execute sales and promotional efforts with the members of the regional sales team and key distributors to grow Rain Bird sales with irrigation contractor targets.
- Strive to differentiate Rain Bird from its competitors by providing superior customer service, high visibility within the market and maintain an aggressive call coverage cycle.
- Assist the Region Manager and Product Managers in determining market needs.
- Maintain, utilize and grow targeted contractor database for direct marketing and an improved communication effort.
- Educate and influence contractors purchasing behavior with the value of Rain Bird’s turf products; their application and key benefits as it relates to product preference.
- Participation and development of strategic contractor events, tradeshows and regional events.
- This position requires approximately 25% overnight travel.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree.
- Sales Management experience.
- Three to five years of sales experience and a proven ability to sell.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, and general business skills.
- Motivated, results oriented, self starter eager to take ownership of job requirements.
Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheets and database applications
- Irrigation design and experience.
- Bi-lingual – English and Spanish
- MBA or graduate degree.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top