Contractor Account Manager
A leader in global irrigation and innovating The Intelligent Use of Water, Rain Bird has a dynamic opportunity for you to join our global team.
This Contractor Account Manager position is responsible for growing sales and increasing market share for Landscape Turf products in the Sacramento area of the Northern California Region. Responsibilities include increasing sales with distributors and small to medium contractors while providing management with market trends and competitive information.
- Grow sales faster than the market growth rate and achieve sales objectives.
- Analyze the market as it relates to market share, penetration rates, growth opportunities and execute an annual strategic plan to achieve sales targets and corporate objectives.
- Successfully develop and implement local and regional programs to promote Rain Bird’s professional product line of turf products.
- Develop and execute sales and promotional efforts with the members of the regional sales team and key distributors to grow Rain Bird sales with irrigation contractor targets.
- Strive to differentiate Rain Bird from its competitors by providing superior customer service, high visibility within the market and maintain an aggressive call coverage cycle.
- Assist the Region Manager and Product Managers in determining market needs.
- Maintain, utilize and grow targeted contractor database for direct marketing and communication effort.
- Educate and influence contractors purchasing behavior with the value of Rain Bird’s turf products; their application and key benefits as it relates to product preference.
- Participation and development of strategic contractor events, tradeshows and regional events.
- This position requires approximately 50% overnight travel.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree
- Bilingual in Spanish.
- Sales Management experience.
- Three to five years of sales experience and a proven ability to sell.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, and general business skills.
- Motivated, results oriented, self starter eager to take ownership of job requirements.
- Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheets and database applications.
- Irrigation design and experience.
- MBA or graduate degree.
Get to know us!
We have been the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years. We craft innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes, golf courses and grow productive agricultural crops while advocating for the Intelligent Use of Water.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top