Contractor Account Manager
A leader in global irrigation and advocating for The Intelligent Use of Water, Rain Bird has a dynamic opportunity for you to join our global team.
The motivated, detail oriented sales person will lead efforts for the Contractor Business Unit focused on activities and execution to grow sales with contractors operating in the Great Lakes Region. Activities will include developing and executing sales and promotional efforts to grow Rain Bird sales with top professional irrigation contractor targets, and striving to differentiate Rain Bird from its competitors by providing superior customer service, high visibility, and aggressive call coverage cycle.
- Grow sales faster than the market growth rate and achieve sales objectives.
- Analyze the market as it relates to market share, penetration and growth opportunities and develop an annual strategic plan to reach sales targets and corporate objectives.
- Develop and execute sales and promotional efforts with the Distributor Manager, other Contractor Account Managers, Area Specification Managers and key distributors to grow Rain Bird sales with top professional irrigation contractor targets.
- Strive to differentiate Rain Bird from its competitors by providing superior customer service, high visibility, and aggressive call coverage cycle.
- Assist the Region Manager and Product Managers in determining market needs.
- Maintain, utilize and grow contractor database for direct marketing and communication efforts.
- Educate and influence the irrigation contractor on the value of Rain Bird’s turf products.
- Participation and development of strategic contractor events, tradeshows and regional events.
- This position requires approximately 10% overnight travel.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree.
- Sales Management experience.
- Three to five years of sales experience and a proven ability to sell.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, and general business skills.
- Motivated, results oriented, self starter eager to take ownership of job requirements.
- Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheets and database applications.
- Irrigation design and experience.
- MBA or graduate degree.
- Bilingual in Spanish
Get to know us:
We have been the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years. We craft innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes, golf courses, and grow productive agricultural crops while advocating for the Intelligent Use of Water.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top