Contractor Account Manager
Combine your drive, energy, proven sales skills and achievements to provide a real-world solution that addresses smart water management and conservation. You will have strong interpersonal and leadership skills, as well as, be proactive, customer-oriented, and driven to succeed in a fast paced environment. You will be self-motivated and enjoy independent field work that will deliver extraordinary results. Your work history shows you work effectively at various customer levels including dealers, contractors, consultants and government bodies, to educate, justify and successfully sell products.
You enthusiastically drive the sales and marketing effort of the Landscape business to develop and gain market share in a highly competitive market.
Who you are:
You are a creative problem solver with strong influencing skills. You have the ability to diagnose, analyze and recommend strategies for varied project/ jobs. You are highly motivated to achieve excellence and be surrounded by others who inspire innovation. You are an out of the box thinker and can easily rise up to the sales challenge. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- Analyze and dissect the market as it relates to market share, penetration and growth opportunities and develop an annual strategic plan for accomplishing corporate objectives.
- Capability to become a leader demonstrated by results and successful accomplishment in the account manager role leading to the potential for succeeding into a direct management role.
- Develop and maintain a project database and secure Rain Bird installations at strategic, high profile sites.
- Successfully develop and execute sales and promotional efforts with the Distributor Manager, Contractor Account Managers, Area Specification Managers and key distributors to grow Rain Bird sales with top professional irrigation contractor targets.
- Successfully develop and execute unique, impactful, and targeted programs to capture incremental sales.
- Educate and influence the irrigation contractor on the value of Rain Bird’s turf products, their application and key benefits to drive product preference.
- Participation and development of strategic contractor events, tradeshows, and regional events.
- Differentiate Rain Bird from its competitors by providing superior customer service, high visibility, and aggressive call coverage cycle.
- Assist the Regional Manager and Product Managers in determining market needs.
- This position requires approximately 30-40% overnight travel.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree.
- Sales management experience.
- Three to five years of sales experience and a proven ability to sell.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, and general business skills.
- Motivated, results oriented, self starter eager to take ownership of job requirements.
- Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheets and database applications.
- The successful candidate must live within the territory.
- Irrigation design and experience.
- MBA or graduate degree.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top