Rain Bird Corporation, the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years, creates innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes, golf courses, and grow productive agricultural crops while saving water. Rain Bird seeks a results-driven Business Unit Director. As a seasoned leader, you will create and implement a short / long term strategic vision and strategies for sales and business growth. You will provide leadership, guidance, and direction to the managers in your regions and their respective personnel and will work closely with the Strategic Business Units (SBUs) to ensure that objectives are achieved. You are an expert at assessing and implementing continuous improvement opportunities within the business while developing and supporting the implementation of product enhancements. Your experience as a General Manager with P&L responsibility and a track history of successfully bringing new products to market will make you an ideal candidate for this position.
Who you are:
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development and path. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. You are highly motivated to achieve excellence and be surrounded by others who inspire innovation. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
Reporting to a Sr. Executive of the Company, the Strategic Business Unit Director will have full P&L responsibility for a currently operating SBU with substantial opportunities for growth and promotion. In alignment with the strategic vision of the Company, you will be charged with continuously and vigorously delivering product development improvement, product enhancements and new products, while executing creative, well-researched business development opportunities.
- Proven management track record in an engineering oriented environment
- Recent experience as General Manager
- P&L responsibility
- BS degree plus a MS or MBA
- Career progression through operations, engineering, product development, and business development/ international sales
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both verbal and written form
- Proactive self-driven individual who achieves results individually and through team leadership
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- An aptitude for strategic thinking and quantitative analysis
- Willingness to spend 45-50% of the time travelling internationally
- Ability to manage cross functional projects, on time and on budget
- Excellent in Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Companies in the Industrial, Commercial, Consumer Engineered Products, Building Materials, and Construction industries.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#RainBirdJobs, #RainBirdCareers, #WorkingatRainBird, #director, #VP, #managingdirector, #JobsatRainBird, #CareersatRainBird, #RainBirdCulture, #Rainbird, #workingatRainbird, #CEO, #president, #VP #vicepresident, #irrigation, #turf, #quality, #industryleader, #P&L, #global, #B2B, #profit&loss, #generalmanager, #diversity, #MBA, #B2B, #executive, #strategic, #leader, #strategy