Automation Engineering Manager
- Flawlessly develop, specify, qualify, and launch new automation equipment.
- Lead sharing of best practices through Bill of Process (BOP) documentation and implementation of new technologies/processes including, but not limited to: equipment design, process parameters specification, preferred vendor selection, equipment standards list (Allen Bradley vs Siemens), lean principles in design lists (lubrication on outside vs inside), etc.
- Identify and develop process experts for core technologies: laser welding, small parts feeding, printing, molding, extrusion, etc.
- Enhance stage gate process to include key milestones for automation engineering: key steps and sign off from process experts and Automation Engineering Manager
- Develop standard acceptance criteria for new automation equipment including MQ1, MQ2, QAP, & [email protected] (Length of runs, FPY, Utilization%, Labor, Scrap, Cycle time, etc.)
- Develop manufacturing system design strategy for new automation projects (material flow (delivery & storage), containerization strategy, process flow, takt time, poka yoke matrix, operator / machine balance chart, standard work documents, PM plan, spare parts list)
- Develop system to review product designs prior to release to include Design for Manufacturability (DFM) to build in lowest life cycle cost and lessons learned into new products.
- Develop Manufacturing Engineering competencies within Rain Bird Corp. focusing on capability development, mentoring, career development, and aligning the manufacturing organization to address strategic plan challenges.
- Collaborate with Project Mgmt, SBU Engineering and Operations to launch new equipment.
- Work as a team player with other functional departments and plants within the organization.
- BS in Engineering.
- Previous experience as a Manager.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and technical skills.
- Five years of experience in engineering management, including demonstrated knowledge of new equipment launches and lean manufacturing principles.
- History of increasing responsibilities with proven track record of achieving excellent results.
- Graduate degree in a technical discipline.
- 6 Sigma Black Belt certification.
- Experience in a seasonal business and high volume manufacturing.
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Christen works with a team across the west coast—selling irrigation systems to public agencies, landscape architects, and irrigation designers in an effort to grow Rain Bird’s market.
Back to top