The Area Specification Manager operates as a consultant to Irrigation Consultants and Landscape Architects by developing a thorough understanding of their business so they can recommend, install, and follow-up with Rain Bird products that best fit their needs.
- Establish Rain Bird as the primary product specified on specifications
- Establish and implement call strategies on a consistent basis to Specifiers within the assigned territory.
- Conduct product demonstration with Specifiers and contractors who install such projects.
- Interface regularly with Irrigation Consultants, Landscape Architects
- Closely coordinate with the District Manager, Public Agency Manager and Contractor Account Manager working this territory to identify customers who represent the greatest opportunities.
- Develop and implement sales programs designed to aggressively grow the territory business with the specification segment.
- Analyze sales results, demonstrate products, educate irrigation users, and work as an essential member of the territory team.
- Make Rain Bird the most visible manufacturer to all specifiers.
- This position requires approximately 20% overnight travel.
- Consult with specifiers on product selection and focus on selling the “Intelligent Use of Water” concept.
- Participation in product demo days, road shows, specifier fly-ins, and regional meetings.
- Participation in ASIC, ASLA, CPRS, STMA and other organizations for the purpose of networking and generating opportunities to sell Rain Bird products.
- Undergraduate degree
- 5+ years work experience in sales or equivalent
- Basic computer knowledge and familiarity with word processing, spreadsheets and database applications
- Self motivated, team player, results oriented and strong communication skills
- Landscape Architecture or Engineering degree preferred
- MBA degree
- Ability to communicate in Spanish (written and verbal)
- Working knowledge of residential and commercial irrigation products and practices
- Position requires approximately 40% - 60% overnight travel.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.