Area Specification Manager - Northern Californa
The Rain Bird Area Specification Manager operates as a sales consultant to influencers and decision makers in the irrigation industry. This includes but is not limited to landscape architects, home builders and residential and commercial developers. The objective is to drive irrigation specifications and standardization for Rain Bird products.
- Establish Rain Bird as the primary product specified on home builder projects, master planned communities and residential and commercial property developments.
- Establish and implement call strategies that deliver increased specification and sales within the assigned territory.
- Conduct product demonstrations and become the product technical expert for the regional team.
- Develop relationships with targeted Landscape Architects, Homebuilders, and Developers at the decision maker level.
- Closely coordinate with the Specification, Distributor, Public Agency and Contractor Account Managers working within the territory to identify customers who represent the greatest opportunities.
- Develop and implement sales programs designed to aggressively grow the territory business within the home builder and developer specification segment.
- Analyze sales results, demonstrate products, educate irrigation users, and work as an essential member of the territory team.
- Make Rain Bird the most visible manufacturer to all Specifiers.
- This position requires approximately 20% overnight travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Shall live within an approved nearby location, or be prepared to relocate to the territory within 3 months of hire.
- 5+ years work experience in sales within the construction industry, or manufacturers for / suppliers to the construction industry.
- 3+ years work experience in managing direct reports.
- Working knowledge of residential and commercial irrigation products and practices.
- Basic computer knowledge and familiarity with word processing spreadsheets and database applications.
- Self motivated, team player, results oriented and excellent communication skills required.
- Preferred background in landscape architecture, home building or residential and commercial development.
- Landscape Architect degree or other technical or engineering degree.
- MBA degree
- Ability to communicate in Spanish (written and verbal).
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#irrigation, #waterconservation, #specification, #specmanager, #landscapearchitect, #livingwalls, #turf, #golf, #watermanagement, #sales, #californiajobs, #sacramentojobs, #salesjobs
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top