Area Sales Manager – New South Wales
The Area Manager is responsible for Contractor, Commercial, Landscape Drip and Agricultural SBU’s sales and market share growth in the sales territory. Responsibilities include the development & implementation of a strategic sales plan, sales calls and business development and growth of sales and market share.
- Achieving agreed sales targets,
- Increasing market share,
- Growing the brand and market presence,
- Growing service and related revenues,
- Developing and maintaining excellent Customer relationships,
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities, and
- Building strong and effective relationships with Consultants and Specifiers.
To be successful in this role you will be a hands on & highly motivated individual who is a self-starter that thrives on challenges. You will have 7-10 years' experience in B2B sales with an excellent customer service ethos. High levels of commercial acumen and strategic thought will be key to your success in the role, as will possessing excellent organisation and planning skills and a keen ability to effectively manage competing priorities and successfully growing a highly autonomous sales territory.
Experience in the irrigation, horticultural, industrial products or similar industries would be highly regarded. You will also have a demonstrated ability to build rapport and develop strong customer relationships and have a track record of delivering on agreed goals and sales targets. Intermediate/advanced excel skills and highly developed presentation skills will be required.
- Tertiary qualifications (ideally a degree BA , BSc, Engineering or Architect)
- Seven to ten years sales experience and/or a proven ability to sell
- Strong selling/communication & problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- High levels of strategic thinking and business acumen
- Well-developed Computer skills
- Demonstrated success & experience in B2B sales environments
- Ability to travel & spend time in territory including overnight trips
- Irrigation experience (including design and installation)
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top