Area Sales Manager, Agriculture (Middle East/Africa/Eastern Europe)
The International Area Sales Manager for the Agriculture division is responsible for all sales and sales strategies, assisting in setting the direction and achieving the desired sales results for the Middle East, Eastern Europe and African territories in Agricultural markets. As a leader in Rain Bird you will accelerate sales growth by implementing tactics to improve Rain Bird’s influence with growers and corporate farm customers.
- Accelerate sales growth by implementing tactics to improve Rain Bird’s influence with growers and corporate farm customers.
- Achieve exceptional sales and market share growth through existing Rain Bird agriculture irrigation distributors and quickly develop new accounts.
- Identify, prioritize and pursue agricultural irrigation business opportunities throughout the assigned territory.
- Establish aggressive call coverage cycles on target customers (Ag designers, distributors and agricultural irrigation retailers) with the aim of establishing a loyal Rain Bird Agricultural distribution network.
- Differentiate Rain Bird from its competitors by providing greater customer service, a local presence and constant follow up on projects and business opportunities.
- Manage major projects through the different stages (design and specification stage, pricing and installation) and secure them for Rain Bird.
- Educate and train distributors, dealers and growers on Rain Bird Agricultural applications, products, features, benefits, troubleshooting, maintenance etc.
- Develop and maintain an agricultural projects database.
- Successfully develop and execute targeted sales and marketing programs to capture incremental sales.
- Assist Rain Bird customers on after-sales, technical support and quality issues.
- Be the technical expert on irrigation specifications and be a resource to Rain Bird Area Managers in the territory.
- Participation in development of strategic distributor events, tradeshows, and regional events.
- Assist the Agriculture division in determining market needs, competitive information and overall market trends.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree.
- 5+ years of sales experience in the agricultural industry and a proven ability to sell to large accounts and distributors.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral and general business skills.
- Motivated, results oriented self-starter eager to take ownership of job requirements.
- Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheets and presentation (PowerPoint™) applications.
- Tech savvy individual familiar with connected devices, web and mobile applications.
- This position requires approximately 50+% international travel.
- Experience in the the following markets: Middle East and Africa
- Agricultural irrigation design and experience.
- MBA or graduate degree.
- Bilingual in Arabic.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#RainBirdJobs, #RainBirdCareers, #WorkingatRainBird, #GeneralSalesManager, #RegionalSalesManager, #RegionalSalesDirector, #JobsatRainBird, #CareersatRainBird, #RainBirdCulture, #Rainbird, #workingatRainbird, #SeniorSalesManager, #irrigationsales, #SalesmarketingManager, #NationalSalesDirector, #DistrictSalesmanager, #MarketManager, #VP #vicepresident, #irrigation, #turf, #quality, #industryleader, #P&L, #global, #B2B, #distributionchannel, #distributor, #international, #middleeast, #africa, #agriculture, #precisionagriculture, #dripirrigation, #netafim, #farming, #farmirrigation, #internationalsales
Back to top