Area Sales Manager, Agriculture (Middle East/Africa/Eastern Europe)
The International Area Sales Manager - AG is responsible for all sales and sales strategies, assisting in setting the direction and achieving the desired sales results for the Middle East, Eastern Europe and African territories in Agricultural markets.
- Accelerate sales growth by implementing tactics to improve Rain Bird’s influence with growers and corporate farm customers.
- Achieve exceptional sales and market share growth through existing Rain Bird agriculture irrigation distributors and quickly develop new accounts.
- Identify, prioritize and pursue agricultural irrigation business opportunities throughout the assigned territory.
- Establish aggressive call coverage cycles on target customers (Ag designers, distributors and agricultural irrigation retailers) with the aim of establishing a loyal Rain Bird Agricultural distribution network.
- Differentiate Rain Bird from its competitors by providing greater customer service, a local presence and constant follow up on projects and business opportunities.
- Manage major projects through the different stages (design and specification stage, pricing and installation) and secure them for Rain Bird.
- Educate and train distributors, dealers and growers on Rain Bird Agricultural applications, products, features, benefits, troubleshooting, maintenance etc.
- Develop and maintain an agricultural projects database.
- Successfully develop and execute targeted sales and marketing programs to capture incremental sales.
- Assist Rain Bird customers on after-sales, technical support and quality issues.
- Be the technical expert on irrigation specifications and be a resource to Rain Bird Area Managers in the territory.
- Participation in development of strategic distributor events, tradeshows, and regional events.
- Assist the Agriculture division in determining market needs, competitive information and overall market trends.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree.
- 5+ years of sales experience in the agricultural industry and a proven ability to sell to large accounts and distributors.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral and general business skills.
- Motivated, results oriented self-starter eager to take ownership of job requirements.
- Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheets and presentation (PowerPoint™) applications.
- Tech savvy individual familiar with connected devices, web and mobile applications.
- This position requires approximately 50+% international travel.
- Experience in the the following markets: Middle East and Africa
- Agricultural irrigation design and experience.
- MBA or graduate degree.
- Bilingual in Arabic.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#RainBirdJobs, #RainBirdCareers, #WorkingatRainBird, #GeneralSalesManager, #RegionalSalesManager, #RegionalSalesDirector, #JobsatRainBird, #CareersatRainBird, #RainBirdCulture, #Rainbird, #workingatRainbird, #SeniorSalesManager, #irrigationsales, #SalesmarketingManager, #NationalSalesDirector, #DistrictSalesmanager, #MarketManager, #VP #vicepresident, #irrigation, #turf, #quality, #industryleader, #P&L, #global, #B2B, #distributionchannel, #distributor, #international, #middleeast, #africa, #agriculture, #precisionagriculture, #dripirrigation, #netafim, #farming, #farmirrigation, #internationalsales
Back to top