Area Manager - Landscape Irrigation
The Area Manager- Landscape Irrigation is responsible for leading, managing and achieving the desired sales results in his/her territory in Mexico. Main responsibilities include growing sales and gaining market share by development and implementation of sales strategies. This person will operate as consultant for landscape customers by developing a thorough understanding of their business and for the industry to identify needs and recommend Rain Bird products, services or systems that meet those needs. Customers include landscape distributors, contractors, architects, specifiers and municipalities.You are a highly motivated individual, and a self-starter who thrives on challenges. High levels of commercial acumen and strategic aptitude will be key to success in this role.
- Achieving sales and market share goals
- Identifying, prioritizing and pursuing business opportunities throughout the territory
- Sales calls and customer development
- Expansion and management of distribution
- Setting, implementing and executing strategic business plan
- Creating and implementing marketing & sales strategies
The successful candidate must be a highly motivated individual, and a self-starter who thrives on challenges. High levels of commercial acumen and strategic aptitude will be key to success in this role, as will excellent organization and planning skills, and a keen ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
B2B Experience in the irrigation, horticultural, industrial products or similar industries will be a major advantage. The successful candidate must also have a demonstrated ability to build rapport and develop strong customer relationships, and should have a proven track record of delivering growth.
- BA or BS degree
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong selling, communication and problem solving skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to quickly develop rapport and business relationships
- Fluency in English and Spanish (excellent verbal and written communication skills)
- Computer skills including working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Willingness and ability to travel at least 50% of time in the territory
- Live in the Cancun area or willing to relocate
- MBA degree
- Irrigation experience including design and installation
- Distribution experience
Rain Bird Mexico is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top