Area Manager Landscape
This role works effectively at various customer levels including dealers, contractors, consultants and government bodies, to educate, justify and successfully sell Rain Bird irrigation products.
Responsibilities may include irrigation technical training for distributors, assistance in merchandising, developing and expanding markets, etc. Be responsible for forecasting and providing input for the Landscape division on competitive information and market trends.
The person will be required to drive the sales and marketing effort of the Landscape business to develop and gain market share in a highly competitive market.
- Responsible for developing and growing the use of Rain Bird products in the assigned territory as well as building and maintaining relationships with all key market influencers.
- Drive, develop and reorganize Rain Bird distribution network in the area.
- Successfully establish and execute a regional sales plan
- Drive product and service sales in the region leading an existing sales team composed of experienced sales people. Hire and develop potential additional team members.
- Create a strong preference for Rain Bird Landscape products in the specifier, public agency, contractor, and distributor accounts in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- Participation in demo days, road shows, customer fly-ins and trainings, trade shows and regional sales meetings
- Strive to differentiate Rain Bird from its competitors by providing superior customer service, high visibility and adequate call coverage cycle
- Collaborate with Rain Bird Europe and Strategic Business Units to ensure that the products road maps, promotional and marketing programs and products announcements meets customer needs and expectations
- Prepare regular sales and market share reports
- Post Graduate level degree (minimum BA or BS)
- 5+ years work experience in sales or sales management or equivalent
- Strong team leadership qualifications
- Strong capabilities in sales management and in sales team management
- Self-motivated, team player
- Trust worthy and organized
- Ability to work in an international organization
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and leadership skills
- Ability to achieve results individually and through others
- Strong in written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Fluent in English, German and French (written & verbal)
- Ability to travel at least 70% of time in territory
- Master Degree, MBA
- B2B Distribution Experience
- Irrigation sales experience
Get to know us:
We have been the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years. We craft innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes, golf courses, and grow productive agricultural crops while advocating for the Intelligent Use of Water.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Kenny P.Project Engineer
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top