- Istanbul, Turkey
Rain Bird is the leading global manufacturer of irrigation products and services. Founded in California in 1933, Rain Bird manufactures and distributes the industry’s broadest range of irrigation products for farms, golf courses, sports arenas, commercial developments and residential homes in more than 130 countries across the world. The Area Manager is responsible for managing distribution and achieving sales targets by growing sales with Distributors / Dealers as well as Municipalities / Public Agencies in Marmara Region and Turkic States which are part of Rain Bird Turkey territory.
- Drive and develop Rain Bird distribution network in the area.
- Establish and execute a regional sales plan to achieve sales targets
- Develop good relations with existing distribution channel and extend distribution in given territory
- Work closely with contractors, municipalities or public entities, private companies and specifiers on using/buying Rain Bird landscape products and services
- Plan and execute demo days, road shows, customer fly-ins and trainings, trade shows
- Prepare regular and special sales and market share reports
- Strive to differentiate Rain Bird from its competitors by providing superior customer service, high visibility and extensive visit schedule
- University degree (BA, B.Sc, or similar)
- 10+ years work experience in distribution and sales management
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and leadership skills
- Self-motivated, hands-on, team player with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of achieving sales targets individually and through others
- Fluent in both Turkish and English (written & verbal)
- Experience of working in an international organization
- Trustworthy with organizational and planning skills.
- Computer skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to travel at least 70% of time in territory including overnight trips.
- Completed MBA or Master’s Degree
- Irrigation or related industry experience
Back to top