Area Manager – Central America and Caribbean
The Area Manager will be responsible for Landscape SBU’s sales and market share growth in the defined territory. Responsibilities include the development & implementation of a strategic plan, sales calls and business development, and the growth of sales and market share. Area Managers work independently within a geographic territory, and measured on revenue production and market share improvement. The successful candidate must be willing to travel extensively, and must be technically competent, a sound presenter, results-oriented, highly self-motivated, and ideally will have Irrigation industry experience. This position will support and work as second priority the Agricultural sales in his region
This person will operate as consultant for Landscape and Agricultural customers by developing a thorough understanding of their business and of the industry so that they can identify their needs, and recommend the Rain Bird, products or systems that meet those needs. Customers include Landscape distributors, contractors, architects, specifiers, municipalities, and resorts. In second instance, also agricultural customers and dealers. The expected breakdown of time dedication is 80% for Landscape business and 20% for Agricultural business.
- Growing Landscape & Agricultural product sales ahead of the market,
- Developing and Managing Distribution in multiple territories,
- Growing the brand and market presence,
- Growing service revenues,
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities, and
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with Key Decision Makers, Influencers and Specifiers.
- Travel extensively
The successful candidate must have a “hands-on” approach to management, must be a highly-motivated individual, and a self-starter who thrives on challenges. High levels of commercial acumen and strategic aptitude will be key to success in this role, as will excellent organization and planning skills, and a keen ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
Business to Business sales experience in the landscape, agricultural, industrial products or similar industries will be a major advantage. The successful candidate must also have a demonstrated ability to build rapport and develop strong customer relationships, and should have a proven track record of delivering growth. The successful candidate will need to travel extensively, and deal with customers within a multicultural environment.
- Graduate Degree in Engineering, Science or Management
- Three to five years’ sales experience and/or a proven ability to sell
- Strong selling/communication & problem solving skills
- Fluency in Spanish and English (verbal and written)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Good working knowledge of personal computers and commonly used business software (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to travel at least 70% of time in territory
- Desire to grow in the organization and willing to accept challenges.
- Irrigation experience (including design and installation)
- Experience in working within a multinational organization
- Irrigation Industry experience within this territory
- P&L Experience
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top