Area Manager - Brazil, Central Region and Minas Gerais State
Rain Bird Brazil (RBB) began operations in Brazil in 1998 and is located in Uberlândia – MG. RBB sells and services products sales of irrigation systems for Golf, Agricultural, Landscape and Dust Suppression markets.
The Area Manager is responsible for setting the direction and achieving the desired sales results for his/her territory. Responsibilities include the development & implementation of a strategic sales plan, sales calls, business development and growth of sales and market share.
The successful candidate must be willing to travel extensively and operate as self-motivated consultant for landscape customers by developing a thorough understanding of their business and of the industry so that they can identify their needs, and recommend the Rain Bird services, products or systems that meet those needs. Customers include landscape distributors, contractors, architects, specifiers, municipalities, end users and resorts.
- The Area Manager responsibilities include growing Rain Bird sales faster than the market growth rate, establishing & leading sales & marketing plans, developing and managing channels of distribution and conducting customer training.
- Successful candidate is self-motivated, creative and has strong communication and selling skills.
- The Area Manager must be persuasive and easily build rapport.
- Success in this position will require a strong work ethic, strategic thinking, negotiation skills, problem solving skills, and the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- The position requires technical aptitude to learn about landscape irrigation products and applications.
- Candidate must be able to generate services sales opportunities and assist with management.
- The successful candidate must have a “hands-on” approach to management, must be a self-starter who thrives on challenges.
- High levels of commercial acumen and strategic aptitude will be key to success in this role, as will possessing excellent organization and planning skills, and a keen ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- B2B experience in the landscape, agricultural, industrial products or similar industries will be a major advantage.
- Graduate level degree (BA , BS, Engineering or Architect)
- Three to five years sales experience and/or a proven ability to sell
- Strong selling/communication & problem solving skills
- Fluency in Portuguese and English (verbal and written)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Computer skills including working knowledge of Word & Excel
- Ability to travel at least 70% of time in territory
- Permanent residence in the work area in a large center with ease displacement
- Irrigation experience (including design and installation)
- MBA or MSC degree
- Distribution experience
- P&L experience
- CAD software program experience
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top