Area Manager – Africa Landscape & Agriculture
As Area Manager your responsibilities include growing Rain Bird sales ahead of the market growth rate, establishing & leading sales & marketing objectives, developing and managing channels of distribution and conducting customer training for landscape and agriculture clients in Africa. you are a motivated self-starter who is responsible for the development & execution of a strategic plan for the region, and new business development. Rian Bird Area Managers work independently within a geographic territory, and are measured on revenue production and market share improvement. The successful candidate must be a sound presenter, results-oriented, and highly self-motivated.
- Growing Landscape & Agricultural product sales ahead of the market,
- Developing and Managing the Distribution Channel in multiple territories,
- Growing brand and market presence,
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities,
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with Key Decision Makers, Influencers and Specifiers,
- Travelling extensively.
The successful candidate must be a highly motivated individual, and a self-starter who thrives on challenges. High levels of commercial acumen and strategic aptitude will be key to success in this role, as will excellent organization and planning skills, and a keen ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
B2B Experience in the irrigation, horticultural, agricultural, industrial products or similar industries will be a major advantage. The successful candidate must also have a demonstrated ability to build rapport and develop strong customer relationships, and should have a proven track record of delivering growth. The successful candidate will need to travel extensively, and deal with customers within a multicultural environment.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Marketing or Management,
- 10+ years sales experience in direct field or product application sales,
- Demonstrated ability to drive significant sales and market share growth,
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills,
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills,
- Self-motivated individual with independent decision making capabilities, and the ability to work from a home based office,
- Good working knowledge of personal computers and commonly used business software (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook),
- Ability to travel extensively,
- Desire to grow within the organization, and willingness to accept new challenges.
- MBA or similar Post Graduate Degree
- Experience in working within a multinational organization
- Irrigation Industry experience within sub-Saharan African countries (including design and installation)
- P&L Experience
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top