The Administrative Assistant is responsible for secretarial and office/administrative duties, calling for a demonstrated knowledge of standard office practices and procedures as well as broad knowledge of the Company's policies.
This position is responsible for providing excellent administrative service and support to staff at the Tucson Rain Bird Location related to office supplies, visitor greeting, vendors coordination, room preparation/lunch etc. for Senior Leadership level meetings, arrangement and booking of some travel and related events like catering and restaurant arrangements.
- Ability to handle confidential information and act appropriately in sensitive situations
- Greeting and screening incoming calls and visitors, providing information or other assistance where appropriate or directing them to proper department/individual, and being on-site contact for some vendors
- Interact with internal staff at all levels
- Understand and apply company procedures
- Maintenance of files, logs, and records and preparation of periodic reports
- Support to mail room functions as needed
- Cross train with and potentially back-up any of several other customer support areas as needed to provide depth of operations within the functions
- Ability to provide excellent judgment in ambiguous situations and creative problem solving
- Staging and refreshing of conference rooms for Senior Staff and Board of Director meetings including breakfast, lunch, coffee etc.
- Some filing, retrieval, tracking, compilation, printing, and restricted distribution of documents
- Interaction with vendor related to stocking break room of cups, plates, utensils etc. and office supplies
- Central person for contact of copier service calls - Supply paper to the various copiers/printers at their location
- Keeper of various keys to some restricted rooms
- Some inventory counting of giveaway goods for re-order purposes
- Occasional schedule flexibility to enable coverage of early or late non business hours
- 5 years experience as an administrative assistant, in office management, or similar roles
- BS or BA degree
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Self-starter with good organizational skills and able to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to travel as required
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment
- Able to lift and move boxes or items weighing 51lbs
- Foreign language skills
- Possess working knowledge of Irrigation products, systems and customers
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Christen works with a team across the west coast—selling irrigation systems to public agencies, landscape architects, and irrigation designers in an effort to grow Rain Bird’s market.
Back to top