This unique position is responsible for accounting and bookkeeping service function for Saudi Arabia & partially for Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC). This candidate will be based in Jeddah. The person will actively participate in various accounting and finance processes and provide information to internal and external customers. The successful candidate will perform general accounting functions with minimal supervision, requiring knowledge of accounting methods, principles and practices.
Accounting & Bookkeeping Services:
- Record total number of debit notes/commissions/intercompany, total number of suppliers’ invoices, employees’ travel and entertainment expenses,
- Record payroll expenses, petty cash expenses, Reconcile bank accounts, Generate invoices for accounts receivable, Prepare and record of rent payments based on a lease agreement approved by the general manager.
- Maintain a fixed assets register for Up to 50 items (Motor Vehicles, Furniture & Fixtures, Office Equipment & Machinery & Equipment) and computation of accumulated depreciation and depreciation expense for the period will be prepared.
- Compute payroll taxes (GOSI), Employee Benefits, and accruals.
- Calculate provision for employees’ end-of-service indemnity as per KSA labor laws.
- Preparation of the audit requirements and coordination with the external auditors during the annual audit.
- Prepare journal entries and post to General Ledger, Prepare trial balance.
- Prepare monthly accounting report based on Rain Bird template which includes a balance sheet, profit & loss, bank reconciliations and subsidiary ledgers for specific accounts.
Payroll Related Services:
- Shall process payroll monthly through HSBCNet web-account.
Treasury & Cash Management Services
- Once verified by management; shall coordinate with the bank for smooth processing of all payments; also sort out any problems related to payment processing.
- On a regular basis, shall check the bank balance to ensure that sufficient funds are available for making payments.
- Shall prepare the bank reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance or equivalent education and experience
- Strong analytical skills - Attention to detail is critical
- 5+ years of experience in payroll/accounting related jobs
- Designated territories to be covered Saudi Arabia & GCC.
- Candidate will be based in Jeddah & willing to travel within the Middle East & international for business as needed.
- Fluent in English; this candidate must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Business oriented; self-motivated; Analytical, creative, and innovative thinking skills.
- This candidate will have strong collaborative, teamwork and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and credibly at all levels in the organization
- Aptitude for quantitative analysis, strategic thinking, and detailed planning
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Strong leadership skills
- MBA or other advanced degree
- International sales/marketing management experience
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Christen works with a team across the west coast—selling irrigation systems to public agencies, landscape architects, and irrigation designers in an effort to grow Rain Bird’s market.
Back to top