Talent and Resource Management Specialist
Talent and Resource Management Specialist
Raffa, P.C., has an exciting opportunity for an experienced resource management/talent development professional who wants to “Do More” with their career! Are you passionate about helping others explore their career interests and prepare for future development opportunities? If you have at least two years of experience supporting a billable team in a professional services organization, are passionate about developing others and thrive in a fast paced, deadline driven environment, please read on to learn more about our resource management & scheduler/talent advisor need, supporting our Audit practice! Come to work in our beautiful newly renovated office in downtown DC – close to DuPont Circle as well as both Farragut North & Farragut West metro stations.
Coordinate resources and work with the functional leaders to promote effective training and work scheduling. Facilitate conversations with fellow professionals seeking to leverage their distinct abilities with various clients and projects. This position is responsible for ensuring work schedules are current and fit within the scope of budget for the client engagement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Communicates and meets with managers and partners on an ongoing basis to assess, select, and schedule staff. Schedules staff based on availability and needs as well as career development of staff.
• Provide development and performance coaching for staff and senior associates, identify clients, projects and development opportunities to utilize an employee’s distinct abilities.
• Prepares, tracks, adjusts, and updates weekly schedule of assignments for audit staff.
• Assess scheduling system technical issues; adding/deleting resources, licenses and runs reports as necessary.
• Works closely with audit staff to determine training needs and fulfillment of those needs by client engagement. Assist in identifying performance trends between client engagement and to improve the employee’s performance.
• Provide coaching to employees on their communication, project management, and customer service skills within the firm and when working with clients – and provide feedback, based on performance manager and client reviews to identify trends and brainstorm with the employee on how to apply these learnings to other client engagements.
• Assess staff skills, interests, and career goals and integrate into scheduling process. Rely on engagement leaders and performance manager for feedback.
• Meets with scheduling partner weekly to discuss issues/changes. Works with partners to develop and update manager schedules.
• Ensures new hires and interns receive work schedules upon arrival.
• Ensure staff receives a variety of experience through scheduling with engagements. Fosters an environment for open dialogue to enhance the employee’s development, future work and provide more career opportunities.
• Monitor productivity of personnel; including over scheduling and under utilization.
• Provide input to the functional leads regarding staff skills and interests as it relates to scheduling.
• Analyze staffing mix by engagement (level and talent)
• Resolve complex scheduling conflicts as they arise. Communicate all scheduling matters/procedures/etc.
• Meet with audit staff on an ongoing basis to discuss staff progression on career goals and opportunities to gain skills through engagement scheduling. Collaborate in the annual catalyzing/roundtable development meetings.
• Assist the managers and partners with coordinating employee evaluations.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to read and understand general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write policies and procedures, business correspondence, and personnel related reports.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and staff.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Required computer skills: working knowledge in database software, ProStaff, HRIS, internet software, payroll systems, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Ability to learn new systems as required.
• Ability to listen effectively and to gain the trust and confidence of management and staff.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, experience, certifications):
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below as well as those listed in the section above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to be successful in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• College degree strongly preferred.
• At least 2 years experience in a professional services organization or other comparable experience.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Personal qualities of integrity, confidence, commitment to personal leadership development.
• Excellent written and extraordinary verbal communications skills are a must, as is proficiency with all standard business applications in a Microsoft Windows environment.
• Experience in helping individuals to identify strengths, weaknesses, interests, and aptitudes and use these to schedule engagements accordingly.
• Excellent organizational skills and strong project management skills.
• Background in coaching and developing employees is a plus.
Meet Some of Raffa's Employees
Account Executive, Information Technology & Services
Jeremy takes care of hundreds of clients by delivering technology services and top-notch IT support so companies can run operations with dependable enterprise and financial software.
Back to top