Primary function will be the definition, administration, and support for a RAFFA technology client. Tasks include support for client internal networks, systems, general applications, connectivity, data platforms and computer operations on a high-availability basis. Also included is the development of project work, estimates, proposals, and plans, and executing such work for clients. The Systems Administrator provides technical support to the organization, manages backups, deploys new systems and leads occasional technology projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide support for IT systems and applications.
• Provide basic workstation & help desk support and maintenance
• Provide basic server support and maintenance
• Install and configure desktop hardware and software and network printers.
• Troubleshoot network issues.
• Take on network projects as appropriate.
• Maintain backup system (software and hardware).
• Change tapes and manage tape rotation, including offsite storage.
• Proactively monitor backups and address any technical issues.
• Maintain inventory of IT assets.
Maintain licenses and warranties for production systems as needed.
Contribute to IT knowledgebase (How-To’s and other technical documentation).
Recommend desktop and laptop configurations.
Support clients in the adoption and use of technology
Supports the hardware and software in relation to provide data to any and all company-wide applications.
Supports client user workstations and related hardware and software at client sites.
Supports routine scheduled client support contracts and ad-hoc client network, workstation, and systems infrastructure services.
Supports customer-installation operations, including customer-based firewall, authentication, proxy and security protocols, legacy system integration, load balancing.
Works with the CFO and CIO, and in the estimation of resource requirements for projects.
Proactive in seeking and sharing of ideas, experience, mentoring, and information.
Clearly documents requirements and design of required system & network changes in the form of Technical Requirement and Detailed Design Specification Documents.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
• Completes special projects as assigned by management.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
Have strong analytical and diagnostic abilities.
Be able to work independently on specific development tasks, with emphasis towards completion ahead of schedule.
Be able to work in a distributed, autonomous, self-motivating team environment to provide acceleration to the development schedule, technology, and growth of the company.
Flexibility, willingness, and determination to thrive in a start-up environment within an established, industry-recognized organization serving the non-profit sector.
Excellent verbal/written communication skills; Must document all network procedures & practices.
Proven ability to work independently and as a team member.
Strong time management and organization skills. Detail oriented.
• Customer service oriented.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, experience, certifications):
• A degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or other related education, and a minimum of three years’ relevant experience or any similar combination of education and experience. Experience can substitute for a degree.
4+ years experience and knowledge of standard Windows platforms
3+ yrs. in administration, high touch customer support
Must have minimum of 3-5 years experience with Ethernet and TCP/IP required
5+ years desktop support experience troubleshooting with PC's.
5+ years Windows OS administration experience.
Meet Some of Raffa's Employees
Manager, HR Consulting
Stacy serves as a Raffa Human Resources expert for clients, consulting on special programs and handling generalist HR duties, like payroll processing, lifecycle recruitment and more.
Back to top