Staff Accountant - Managed Accounting Services
The Managed Accounting Services Staff I Accountant supports the engagement team who serves as the Accounting Department for a variety of clients. The Staff I Accountant is primarily responsible for collecting, reconciling, and summarizing accounting information, and entering data into different accounting software. The work of a Staff I Accountant is performed in the Raffa offices but can involve travel to client sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Process Accounts Payable for client: reviews, codes and processes A/P check requests on a reoccurring basis.
• Gathers necessary information and prepares client year end 1099 forms.
• Process Accounts Receivable invoices and maintains AR system records for clients: reviews, codes and processes cash receipts on a reoccurring basis.
• Assists client engagement team on the month end closing procedures.
• Maintains supporting schedules and reconciliations for most balance sheet accounts
• Prepares all required journal entries including but not limited to payroll, depreciation, and expensing of prepaid items.
• Assists the engagement team in the annual preparation of client’s budgets.
• Assists external auditors at year end with preparing schedules, providing explanations of supporting materials and procedures, and preparing any other necessary data.
• Provides regular updates to engagement team on status of month end responsibilities and expectations around client deadlines
Minimum Qualifications (Education, experience, certifications):
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other related education, and 0 - 2 years’ relevant experience
• CPA or CPA Candidate.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
• Familiarity with using accounting software programs; including but not limited to QuickBooks, Intacct, Sage 50, Solomon and Great Plains is preferred.
• An understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and salary requirements to; [email protected]
Meet Some of Raffa's Employees
Account Executive, Information Technology & Services
Jeremy takes care of hundreds of clients by delivering technology services and top-notch IT support so companies can run operations with dependable enterprise and financial software.
Back to top