Senior Accountant - Managed Accounting Services
Raffa is proud to be one of the 2015 top 100 CPA firms in the nation according to INSIDE Public Accounting! At Raffa, we bring together energetic and entrepreneurially-minded individuals to build community relationships. Our mission is to assist our clients in identifying, clarifying, and achieving their goals. We also believe work should be more than just a way to make a living; rather, we think the role of each of us in the firm should lend to our personal growth and fulfillment. Raffa is currently seeking Senior Accountant level candidates to fill positions at our client organizations.
The outsourcing senior accountant supports clients’ accounting departments by collecting, reconciling, summarizing information, and entering data. May administer all facets of payroll, accounts payable and the financial elements of the 401K/403B plan, as well as forecast and analyze payroll related budgets, audit expenses and execute special projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform general cost accounting, payroll functions, maintain accounting records, and other related duties in the daily administration of finance department.
• Prepares finance accounting work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting documents and related information.
• Maintains subsidiary accounts by reconciling balances and preparing journal entries. Ensures account accuracy by reconciling transactions, investigating and resolving discrepancies, and following policies and procedures.
• Reconcile general ledger accounts to their related subsidiary ledgers and adjust the general ledger accordingly.
• Completes financial transactions by verifying and correcting transaction information, scheduling and preparing transactions, and obtaining authorizations. • Maintains historical records by preparing, sorting, and filing documents.
• Maintains journal entries by entering and editing data.
• Prepares special financial reports and graphs by collecting and summarizing account information and trends.
• Coordinates the month-end and year-end closing process, including preparation of audit schedules and assisting with the annual budget process.
• Prepare all reconciliations and year-end workpapers pertaining to payroll and accounts payable.
• Analyze sales commissions, salaries and expenses to determine variances on a monthly basis.
• Assist external auditors at year end with preparing schedules and invoices, providing explanations of supporting materials and procedures, and preparing any other necessary data.
• File all appropriate tax forms and reports with government agencies.
• Maintain records of all financial documents with appropriate supporting material; update records as necessary.
• Recommend, design, and implement any necessary department controls and procedures.
• Responsible for preparing monthly financial statements, such as monthly balance sheet, income statement, report on changes in financial position and budget variances.
• Provide support such as schedules, data, information, etc. for the annual budget process.
• Provide departmental assistance with questions relating to payroll, budget to actual reports, and general ledger.
• Maintain payroll to include maintenance of records, and filing of federal and state payroll reports.
• Administer all aspects of payroll utilizing the payroll system, which includes computing and transmitting via personal computer and modem.
• Calculate sales commissions and bonuses.
• Compile time sheets and calculate overtime.
• Review and distribute W-2 forms.
• Prepare the payroll summary on a monthly basis. Maintain payroll records.
• Calculate and complete quarterly disability insurance.
• Complete correspondences regarding payroll information for unemployment, IRS, Dept. of Labor, etc.
• Enter the payroll summary into the general ledger, monthly.
• Review payroll tax returns and other information both quarterly and annually.
• Prepare yearly payroll and SAR schedule.
• Prepare and enter budget details for payroll related accounts.
• Review, code and process A/P check requests.
• Process and distribute A/P checks.
• Maintain A/P system records.
• Prepare and distribute 1099, 1098, 1096 and other related tax forms.
• Close A/P on a monthly basis, review, correct and distribute reports.
• Audit petty cash for reimbursement.
• Audit employee expenses to ensure compliance with corporate policy before paying.
• Perform accounts payable duties such as verifying all invoices for payment, ensuring that expenditures are charged to appropriate accounts.
• Monitor accounts receivable collections from individuals and institutions; reconcile customer accounts, book revenues and fees.
• Responsible for determining the proper and consistent application of generally accepted accounting principles.
• Develops client relationships.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing publications.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
• Maintains confidentiality of financial information examined.
• Communicates planned and unexpected absences or tardiness directly to the senior/supervisor or to the client if you are the only individual at the client. • Makes sure time is entered daily and accurately into the Company’s time and billing software.
• Checks voicemail at least three times a day (at the start of the workday, at lunchtime, and at the end of the workday.) Returns all phone calls within 24 hours.
• Checks e-mail messages as often as possible.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other related education, and a minimum of two years’ relevant experience or any similar combination of education and experience.
• Good verbal and written communication skills. Well-developed interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Always performs work conscientiously. Applies knowledge gained to subsequent engagements.
• Works independently and efficiently; seeks help when needed.
• Interested in creating a team environment.
• Demonstrates a desire to learn and assume responsibility.
• Proficient in the use of various computer software programs including Word and Excel.
• A basic understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
• A basic understanding of internal controls and the impact that noted weaknesses may have on a client’s ability to process and report financial information.
• Wins the confidence and respect of clients, supervisors and peers through professional and mature appearance and manner.
• Full understanding of customer service philosophy and procedures of the Company.
• Strong commitment to the job and the organization. Flexibility to work extra hours when needed.
• Punctual and dependable. Adherence to internal Company policies and procedures.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and salary requirements below.
Back to top