Senior Accountant - Managed Accounting Services
Raffa is proud to be one of the 2015 top 100 CPA firms in the nation according to INSIDE Public Accounting! At Raffa, we bring together energetic and entrepreneurially-minded individuals to build community relationships. Our mission is to assist our clients in identifying, clarifying, and achieving their goals. We also believe work should be more than just a way to make a living; rather, we think the role of each of us in the firm should lend to our personal growth and fulfillment. Raffa is currently seeking Senior Accountant level candidates to fill positions at our client organizations.
The Managed Accounting Services Senior Accountant leads the engagement team that serves as the Accounting Department for a variety of clients. The Senior Accountant is primarily responsible for collecting, reconciling and summarizing accounting information, and entering data into different accounting software. The Senior Accountant acts as the primary contact for the client and oversees the Staff Accountants. The work of the Senior Accountant is performed in the Raffa offices but can involve travel to client sites.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform general cost accounting, payroll functions, maintain accounting records, and other related duties in the daily administration of finance department.
• Prepares finance accounting work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting documents and related information.
• Maintains subsidiary accounts by reconciling balances and preparing journal entries. Ensures account accuracy by reconciling transactions, investigating and resolving discrepancies, and following policies and procedures.
• Reconcile general ledger accounts to their related subsidiary ledgers and adjust the general ledger accordingly.
• Completes financial transactions by verifying and correcting transaction information, scheduling and preparing transactions, and obtaining authorizations. • Maintains historical records by preparing, sorting, and filing documents.
• Maintains journal entries by entering and editing data.
• Prepares special financial reports and graphs by collecting and summarizing account information and trends.
• Coordinates the month-end and year-end closing process, including preparation of audit schedules and assisting with the annual budget process.
• Prepare all reconciliations and year-end workpapers pertaining to payroll and accounts payable.
• Analyze sales commissions, salaries and expenses to determine variances on a monthly basis.
• Assist external auditors at year end with preparing schedules and invoices, providing explanations of supporting materials and procedures, and preparing any other necessary data.
• File all appropriate tax forms and reports with government agencies.
• Maintain records of all financial documents with appropriate supporting material; update records as necessary.
• Recommend, design, and implement any necessary department controls and procedures.
• Responsible for preparing monthly financial statements, such as monthly balance sheet, income statement, report on changes in financial position and budget variances.
• Provide support such as schedules, data, information, etc. for the annual budget process.
• Provide departmental assistance with questions relating to payroll, budget to actual reports, and general ledger.
• Reviews and supervises Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other related education.
• 3+ years of Accounting experience preferably in Public Accounting or at a Non-Profit organization.
• Proficient in the use of Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
• Proficient with various accounting software programs including QuickBooks, Intacct, Sage50, Solomon and Great Plains.
• An understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
• Supervisory experience is preferred.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and salary requirements below.
Meet Some of Raffa's Employees
Account Executive, Information Technology & Services
Jeremy takes care of hundreds of clients by delivering technology services and top-notch IT support so companies can run operations with dependable enterprise and financial software.
Back to top