Human Resources Manager- HR Consulting
Raffa is actively seeking a high energy and self-motivated Human Resources Manager to join our growing Human Resources Managed Services (HRMS) team in Washington, DC. HRMS supports the HR functions for a variety of highly diverse clients, primarily in the nonprofit sector. This is a great opportunity for an HR professional at a Manager or Director level who is looking for challenging, yet highly rewarding work. The HR Manager will oversee the engagement team comprised of experienced, certified HR professionals. The HR Manager will manage a variety of HR projects and ongoing work by providing consulting, support and HR expertise to multiple clients around the DC metro area, while acting as a strategic partner.
The ideal HR Manager candidate will possess a high aptitude for learning new systems and processes, is comfortable interfacing with C-Suite executives and boards, and is comfortable working in a deadline driven environment.
What you will do:
• Manage the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the client engagement and the engagement team, including time and billing.
• Develop approaches for and manage the overall scope of various human resources projects, such as compensation benchmarking studies, employee handbook revisions, HR assessments and compliance audits.
• Coach, counsel and advise client leaders, managers and in highly sensitive, confidential or complex employee relations matters.
• Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the HRMS department and services provided to clients.
• Manage all aspects of benefits administration, payroll and compliance.
• Act as the client’s trusted advisor.
• Ideal candidate is a self-starter who thinks on his/her feet and thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
• Exemplary customer service skills; ability to deftly manage multiple client assignments and priorities.
• Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of related Human Resources generalist experience; Master’s degree preferred.
• Human Resources certification required.
• Supervisory experience required.
• Hands-on payroll experience preferred.
• Experience as a sole HR practitioner and/or prior consulting experience highly desirable.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectations.
Meet Some of Raffa's Employees
Senior Auditor, NPO Audit & Assurance
Rosemary conducts audits and handles assurance processes for large nonprofit organizations with global and local missions. She also visits client sites on a regular basis.
Back to top