Billing Manager - Internal Finance
Raffa is a woman-owned, certified public accounting, consulting and technology firm dedicated to strengthening and supporting the nonprofit sector in the greater Washington, DC region and beyond. Eighteen partners —twelve of them women—direct the Firm’s expanded practice areas, and cultivate a workforce dedicated to our entrepreneurial spirit. We believe work should be more than just a way to make a living; rather, we think the role of each of us in the firm should lend to our personal growth and fulfillment. If you are an experienced Billing/Accounts Receivable professional wanting to “Do More” with your career, you should take a look at what Raffa has to offer.
The Billing Manager is responsible for overseeing the billing function of the firm: processing and recording all accounts receivable transactions-approximately 950 invoices monthly across 7 practice areas- managing the firm’s time and billing system, as well as providing special services and ad hoc projects to the firm as required. The Billing Manager will interact directly with the firm’s partners, managers, C-Suite and work alongside of the internal Finance, Marketing and Human Resources departments. The Billing Manager will oversee and monitor the work of the Sr. Billing & Reporting Specialist and the Jr. Billing Specialist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare Invoice Request Forms in Excel format and submit for approval.
• Prepare progress and final bills, and post invoices in the firm’s time and billing system daily.
• Complete new client, new engagement, new project/project roll forwards, and new employee setup and terminations in the firm’s time and billing system.
• Perform review of unbilled sales and production (WIP – work in progress), and work with managers and partners for clearance.
• Create weekly Aged WIP and Aged AR reports for partners.
• Complete month-end and year-end closing procedures in the firm’s time and billing system.
• Review and resolve inaccurate non-billable time entries on a semi-monthly basis.
• Research and follow up pending issues, requests, and questions to be communicated to partners and managers on a timely basis.
• Assists with managing the Sr. Billing and Reporting Specialist and the Jr. Billing Specialist: employee training and development; planning, assigning and directing work.
• Coach and counsel staff with regard to daily tasks and performance metrics assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, experience, certifications):
• BS/BA in Accounting or Business preferred.
• 7+ years experience in Billing or any similar combination of education and experience.
• 3-5 years of experience supervising and managing staff.
• Experience in a professional services organization.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
• Experience in CCH ProSystem Practice Management billing system is a plus.
• Experience implementing new billing system is a plus.
Meet Some of Raffa's Employees
Manager, HR Consulting
Stacy serves as a Raffa Human Resources expert for clients, consulting on special programs and handling generalist HR duties, like payroll processing, lifecycle recruitment and more.
Back to top