Administrative Assistant - Search, Transition and Planning
Raffa, P.C., has an exciting opportunity for an experienced administrative professional who wants to “Do More” with their career! If you have at least two years of experience supporting a sales team in a professional services organization and thrive in a fast paced, deadline driven environment, please read on to learn more about our urgent administrative need, supporting the Managing Director and our Search, Transition & Planning team! Come to work in our beautiful, newly renovated office in downtown DC – close to DuPont Circle as well as both Farragut North & Farragut West metro stations.
The incumbent will perform various administrative functions. Responsibilities include general office duties including, but not limited to: faxing, scanning, filing, providing phone coverage, assisting the ST&P team, updating SalesForce, tracking client invoicing and client engagements, supporting use of conference calls/video conferencing, tracking calendar for regular team meetings, and working on special projects. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diverse workload in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Composes, proofreads, and reviews routine correspondence and other documents as requested. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
• Compiles and types reports.
• Maintains Managing Director’s calendar and schedules appointments.
• Prepares and maintains Managing Director’s expense reports; works with Raffa team member to arrange/purchase travel for Managing Director.
• Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities, arranges for catering, and records and transcribes minutes of meetings when necessary.
• Meets and greets clients and visitors and escorts them to conference/huddle rooms.
• Opens mail, answers phone, and reviews e-mail messages for partners. Takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions. Arranges conference calls and video conferencing.
• Operates a computer and a variety of office equipment, including copiers, scanners and fax machines. Makes copies, scans and sends faxes, mail, and e-mail as required; arranges for courier and overnight services.
• Maintains and updates business development for the practice in SalesForce.
• Tracks client invoicing and provides reports from CPAS; assists Managing Director with billing and AR. Maintains billing files.
• Maintains filing system. Retrieves information from files when needed.
• Serves as receptionist as part of rotation with other administrators. Provides back-up support to administrative staff as needed.
• Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes.
• Types and finalizes engagement letters. Advances processes to set up new client.
• Supports the Search, Transition, and Planning team.
• Serves as a back-up to Coordinators on the team and ensures that Coordinators serve as back-up to the Administrative Assistant.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, experience, certifications):
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Well-developed interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations, and difficult clients/customers.
• Strong organizational and filing skills.
• Continual attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials
• Establishes priorities and meets deadlines.
• Some analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to administrative problems, and prioritize work.
• Desire and ability to work in a very fast-paced environment.
• Full understanding of customer service philosophy and procedures of the Company.
• Familiar with the use of various computer software programs including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) SalesForce, CPAS, and XCM.
• Outlook/calendar scheduling experience and ability to manage director/manager calendar/appointments.
• Business writing and proofreading skills.
• Internet research skills.
• Bachelor degree preferred, high school diploma or GED required.
• 2+ years’ relevant experience. Must have knowledge of secretarial and office administrative procedures, and knowledge of use and operation of standard equipment.
• Understanding of nonprofit sector (organization structure) very helpful.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and salary requirements below.
Back to top