Administrative Assistant - Audit
Raffa, P.C., has an exciting opportunity for an experienced administrative professional who wants to “Do More” with their career! If you have at least two years of experience supporting multiple executives in a professional services organization and thrive in a fast paced, deadline driven environment, please read on to learn more about our urgent administrative need, supporting multiple Partners and Managers in our Audit practice! Come to work in our beautiful newly renovated office in downtown DC – close to DuPont Circle as well as both Farragut North & Farragut West metro stations.
The incumbent will perform various administrative functions. Responsibilities include general office duties including, but not limited to: calendar management for multiple partners, scanning, filing, providing phone coverage, assisting the administrative team, catering and conference room set-up for in-house meetings, preparing various reports, and working on special projects. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diverse workload in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Composes, proofreads, and reviews routine correspondence and other documents as requested. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
• Compiles, types and proofreads reports.
• Maintains Partners’ calendars and schedules appointments.
• Prepares and maintains partners’ and managers’ expense reports.
• Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities, and arranges for catering and records and transcribes minutes of meetings when necessary.
• Meets and greets clients and visitors and escorts them to conference rooms.
• Opens mail, answers phone, and reviews e-mail messages for partners’. Takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions. Arranges conference calls.
• Operates a computer and a variety of office equipment, including copiers, scanners and fax machines. Makes copies, scans and sends faxes, mail, and e-mail as required; arranges for courier and overnight services.
• Maintains and updates filing system for partners’. Retrieves information from files when needed. Maintains billing files.
• Serves as receptionist as part of rotation with other administrators. Provides back-up support to administrative staff as needed.
• Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes.
• Types, edits and finalizes engagement letters, and management letters. On an as needed basis, also assists with financial statements.
• Assembles tax returns and assists with preparation of proposals.
• Assists partners with billing and AR.
• Serves as office liaison for CPE classes.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, experience, certifications):
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Well-developed interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations, and difficult clients/customers.
• Strong organizational and filing skills.
• Continual attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials
• Establishes priorities and meets deadlines.
• Some analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to administrative problems, and prioritize work.
• Desire and ability to work in a very fast-paced environment.
• Full understanding of customer service philosophy and procedures of the Company.
• Familiar with the use of various computer software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, DMS, CPAS, CaseWare, Pro-FX, and XCM.
• Outlook/calendar scheduling experience and ability to manage partner/manager calendar/appointments.
• Business writing and proofreading skills.
• Internet research skills.
• High school diploma or GED, and a minimum of two years’ relevant experience. Must have knowledge of secretarial and office administrative procedures, and knowledge of use and operation of standard equipment. College degree preferred.
Meet Some of Raffa's Employees
Account Executive, Information Technology & Services
Jeremy takes care of hundreds of clients by delivering technology services and top-notch IT support so companies can run operations with dependable enterprise and financial software.
Back to top