Raffa, P.C., has an exciting opportunity for an experienced administrative professional who wants to “Do More” with their career! If you possess a pleasant, upbeat demeanor with an administrative prowess and have at least two years of experience supporting multiple executives in a professional services organization and thrive in a fast paced, deadline driven environment, please read on to learn more about our administrative need, supporting multiple Partners and Managers! Come to work in our beautiful newly renovated office in downtown DC – close to DuPont Circle as well as both Farragut North & Farragut West metro stations.
The incumbent will perform various administrative functions. Responsibilities include general office duties including, but not limited to: calendar management and providing phone coverage for multiple partners, scanning, filing, assisting the administrative team, catering and conference room set-up for in-house meetings, preparing various reports, and working on special projects. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diverse workload in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains Partners’ calendars and schedules appointments.
• Opens mail, answers phone, and reviews e-mail messages for partners’. Takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions. Arranges conference calls.
• Make travel arrangements and prepares and maintains partners’ and managers’ expense reports.
• Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities, and arranges for catering and records and transcribes minutes of meetings when necessary.
• Serve as liaison between outside Boards and Committees
• Meets and greets clients and visitors and escorts them to conference rooms.
• Composes, proofreads, and reviews routine correspondence and other documents as requested. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
• Operates a computer and a variety of office equipment, including copiers, scanners and printers. Makes copies, sends mail and e-mail as required; arranges for courier and overnight services.
• Maintains and updates filing system for partners’. Retrieves information from files when needed. Maintains billing files.
• Prepare and assist in coordination of external CPE classes
• Serves as receptionist as part of rotation with other administrators. Provides back-up support to administrative staff as needed.
• Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail.
• Assists partners with billing and AR.
• Serves as office liaison for CPE classes.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, experience, certifications):
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Well-developed interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations, and difficult clients/customers.
• Strong organizational and filing skills.
• Continual attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office package including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Establishes priorities and meets deadlines.
• Some analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to administrative problems, and prioritize work.
• Outlook/calendar scheduling experience and ability to manage partner/manager calendar/appointments.
• Full understanding of customer service philosophy and procedures of the Company.
• Desire and ability to work in a very fast-paced environment.
• A plus if familiar with the use of various computer software programs including DMS, CPAS, CaseWare, Pro-FX, and XCM.
• Business writing and proofreading skills.
• Internet research skills.
• College degree preferred. Associates degree and a minimum of two, or high school diploma/GED, and a minimum of four years’ relevant experience required.
Meet Some of Raffa's Employees
Senior Accountant, Managed Accounting Services
Joseph operates as an accounting extension for a handful of companies, which means he sometimes steps into a team to fill a role or brings Raffa in to handle the whole department.
Back to top