Senior Python Data Engineer
Radius offers the best software platform for understanding and reaching today’s 18+ million small and mid-sized businesses in the U.S. The platform combines the most accurate, extensive and real-time data set (based on simulations of the US SMB economy) with enterprise-ready, secure, and intuitive software for companies that want to more efficiently understand, target, and engage with their customers. It is uniquely able to deliver the results of extremely sophisticated data science through a UI that was designed for direct use by marketers.
We're looking for an experienced Data Software Engineer to work on our Aggregation team. You'll develop highly scalable and robust code to process large data sets and will collaborate on a team of people with diverse expertise in designing and deploying distributed systems for information retrieval and large-scale data processing.
- Partner with the technical team to develop and improve robust applications to automatically extract, parse, and ensure the quality of data is consistent from many different sources
- Leverage Big Data technologies such as Spark to process large data sets
- Assess the root cause of problem reports, replicate the situation in a test environment, repair the code, and push it to production
- Write testable, defensive, and production level code that can participate in a continuous deployment environment
- Provide feedback and mentoring to other team members through code reviews, pair programming, etc.
- Develop code to ease the creation of metric dashboards or reports, enabling non-technical users to monitor the data ingestion process
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of Python experience
- Solid software engineering skills and experience, so the code is easy to reason about and easy to test
- Detail-oriented mindset
- Comfortable working in a remote Linux environment and has experience developing basic Shell scripts
- Experience with Git or a similarly distributed revision control system
- Experience with Spark or Pyspark
- Experience with Scrapy or a similar structured crawling framework
- Familiarity with Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning
Radius is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top