Senior Python Data Engineer
Radius is a fast-growing, venture-backed startup in the heart of San Francisco. Radius applies advanced data science to deliver the freshest, most accurate, and most comprehensive view on 20M+ US companies―from small businesses to the largest enterprises. We build cutting-edge machine learning solutions that help our customers discover markets, acquire customers, and measure performance through an app that’s intuitive, secure, and enterprise-ready.
We're looking for an experienced Data Software Engineer to work on our Aggregation team. You'll develop highly scalable and robust code to process large data sets and will collaborate on a team of people with diverse expertise in designing and deploying distributed systems for information retrieval and large-scale data processing.
- Partner with the technical team to develop and improve robust applications to automatically extract, parse, and ensure the quality of data is consistent from many different sources
- Leverage Big Data technologies such as Spark to process large data sets
- Assess the root cause of problem reports, replicate the situation in a test environment, repair the code, and push it to production
- Write testable, defensive, and production level code that can participate in a continuous deployment environment
- Provide feedback and mentoring to other team members through code reviews, pair programming, etc.
- Develop code to ease the creation of metric dashboards or reports, enabling non-technical users to monitor the data ingestion process
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of Python experience
- Solid software engineering skills and experience, so the code is easy to reason about and easy to test
- Detail-oriented mindset
- Comfortable working in a remote Linux environment and has experience developing basic Shell scripts
- Experience with Git or a similarly distributed revision control system
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with Spark or Pyspark
- Experience with Scrapy or a similar structured crawling framework
- Familiarity with Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning
Radius is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top