Lead Data Software Engineer (Decision Team Manager)
Radius is a fast-growing, venture-backed startup in the heart of San Francisco. Radius applies advanced data science to deliver the freshest, most accurate, and most comprehensive view on 20M+ US companies―from small businesses to the largest enterprises. We build cutting-edge machine learning solutions that help our customers discover markets, acquire customers, and measure performance through an app that’s intuitive, secure, and enterprise-ready.
The Data Engineering team at Radius is seeking a hands-on Lead Data Software Engineer who is interested in incorporating a multitude of data sources to produce an accurate model of 18M+ small and mid-sized businesses in the U.S.
- Manage the Decision team that is responsible for building the Business Graph
- Work with Product management and cross functional teams to plan and define roadmap and specifications
- Lead and mentor the team’s data engineers and data scientists to maximize their potential
- Act as a trusted advisor and architectural soundboard to the team and management
- Perform architectural and code reviews
- Conduct performance reviews for direct reports
- 2 years experience managing a team
- Experience with Scala (ideally 2+ yrs)
- Advanced Java skills (5 years)
- Strong software engineering skills and experience including: coding, testing, troubleshooting and deployment.
- 3 years working with large scale data processing using Spark or Hadoop/MapReduce for ETL/Data transformations on rich datasets
- 1+ year working with machine learning models and Scala in production
- Comfortable working in a remote Linux environment and Cloud (EC2)
- Experience with git or a similarly distributed revision control system
Radius is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top