Director, Media Planning
At a glance:
We are looking for a seasoned media expert with a love for all media content, and who is especially fascinated with the intersection of linear and digital media channels. Based in either our Portland, Oregon or our West Chester, Pennsylvania (suburban Philadelphia) offices, this role oversees the strategic development of cross-channel media plans for clients and also oversees a team of one to three planners. We are looking for someone who is passionate about all forms of media, enjoys developing talent and relishes staying on top of the changing media landscape.
The ideal candidate understands the importance of telling a story with data and is naturally analytical and detail oriented. Experience planning large national campaigns is a must and a solid track record developing strong client relationships is critical. This role requires presenting with confidence, using strong verbal and written communication skills, and is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and work in the trenches.
- Oversee the strategic development of multi-channel media plans that drive business growth for our clients
- Linear and Digital Multi-channels; Television, Audio, Print, OOH, Social, OTT and all forms of digital video
- Targeting KPI's in both brand and direct response measurements
- Leverage proprietary in-house and third party data to effectively target audiences
- Work in conjunction with communications planning, brand planning and creative teams, to ensure strategy is on target from both band and direct goals
- Proficiently evaluate response data and media attribution modeling outputs to inform future plan recommendations
- Develop strong client relationships by being passionate and curious about clients' business, with a strong and informed point of view on how to best spend their money
- Lead client conversations on ever-changing media landscape
- Present and sell out of box media ideas, to expand clients' media foot print
- Travel to ensure face time with clients
- Development of junior staff, as well as partners and peers across all departments to ensure high quality and consistent client service for all clients
- Learn, utilize and participate in development of proprietary agency technology, platforms and attributions models for maximum campaign performance
- Participate in business development
- Prepare and pitch media strategies enthusiastically
- Ability to get up to speed quickly on a business prospect
What makes a great Director of Media Planning at R2C Group?
- At least 10 years of experience in agency media planning and buying for national accounts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Stays on top of current trends, and willing to take calculated risks
- Is a strong leader and mentor
- A critical thinker and good problem-solver
- Loves to pitch new business
- Values relationships at all levels, treats others with dignity and respect (team player)
- Enjoys collaborative social culture (events and parties!) of R2C Group
We have a special area of expertise that deeply imbeds us in our clients business because it's unique in the advertising industry - we call it Transactional Brand Building. Meaning we believe in driving brand and sales objectives at the same time for our clients. We have a team of experts that come from both brand and direct response (DTC) backgrounds and we have perfected our creative and media plans to do both simultaneously. We have been in business for over 21 years and are best in class in the direct marketing landscape because of our unique and modern approach to marketing. Today clients can't afford to silo their brand and DTC efforts, we teach them how!
We are a full service agency that provides research, brand planning, creative development as well as sophisticated media tracking and analytics. We measure and track several key performance indicators that include both brand measurements (CPM, GRP, Reach and Frequency) as well as Direct Response KPI's (CPA, CPV, CPS, conversion, lifetime value etc.). We measure our clients' sales results daily, per transaction by media channel and we know how to effectively optimize media that scales.
There are about 220 of us, with four offices nationally. We are not too big and not too small and most importantly we are privately held, which means no faceless management. Our culture rewards collaboration, transparency, courage and excellence. And, we like to have fun!
Back to top