Associate Director, Digital Strategy
At a glance:
This is a mid-level advertising agency position in Oakland, CA with our Digital Marketing team.
You are a seasoned strategist. You oversee the client's digital strategy and identify new and relevant opportunities for our clients in the space. You are very passionate about people, in particular the consumer and your team members. Your ability to provide leadership, have a clear strategic POV and set a strategic process is a foundational value for your success within your role.
What does an Associate Director, Digital Strategy do at R2C Group?
Bring the consumer to life to help ground marketing and creative recommendations through customer journeys, audience profiles, channel and platform research, and POVs.
- Set a clear and repeatable strategic process building on the current foundation and approach.
- Write insightful and data-driven presentation decks, creative briefs and detailed marketing plans.
- Leverage 1 st and 3 rd party research to deliver strategic recommendations and rationale.
- Work with analytics team to assess campaign effectiveness and identify opportunities for optimization.
Collaborate across disciplines (Media, Creative, Client Services, Analytics) to influence and inform client deliverables ensuring that the consumer is represented in all we do.
- Build strong and lasting relationships with clients as well as internal partners.
- Work with client service team to drive overall client business and pursue new business.
- Provide mentorship to junior team members in the form of training and guidance on deliverables/outputs.
- Work with the New Business team to prepare presentations and strategies.
What makes a great Associate Director, Digital Strategy at R2C Group?
- At least six years' experience creating complex digital marketing programs.
- Familiarity with digital media planning and buying, and analytics, including digital media, social media, programmatic media, and influencer campaigns.
- You can command a room of senior clients with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Confidence in presenting to clients and colleagues, engaging and effective when presenting the agency POV.
- Willingness to go above and beyond for your clients' needs including travel when necessary and some extended work days.
- Demonstrated success with strategic planning resulting in fueling campaign success in digital and direct response channels.
- A critical thinker and good problem-solver.
- A high level of caring about the outcome of your actions.
- An excellent communicator, in both verbal and written forms.
- Appreciation of R2C Group's Core Values.
Why work at R2C Group?
- We do a thing we call Transactional Brand Building. That is, we deliver on our clients' brand and sales objectives at the same time, with the same work and the same media plan. We measure our clients' sales results daily - per transaction, so you and your clients can see the tangible results of your work. It's an exhilarating standard to live up to.
- There are about 220 of us, so we're big enough to handle major projects, but small enough that we all know each other.
- We are collaborative. We care about, appreciate, and respect each other. No throwing under buses.
- Transparency. We all know how the company is doing and where we're going, collectively and individually.
- We have a large and diverse roster of clients, and we get our revenue from a variety of sources, so we're built for stability.
- You'll get to work on a variety of accounts, with different team members, so you'll never be bored.
- We are privately held, so we answer only to our clients and to each other.
Back to top