Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they’re learning. We provide engaging and customizable activities with content contributions from people everywhere (over 150+ million study sets and counting). We have fanatical users, significant organic growth, and a strong business model that got us to profitability before we raised venture capital money.
We're looking for Web Engineers to help us build features and ship experiments on our website, which serves over 50M visitors and 600M pageviews a month. We take advantage of modern tools like React, Flow, webpack and Prettier, and are passionate about delivering high-quality user experiences.
- Collaborate with Backend Engineers and Data Scientists to build features and ship experiments
- Work with Product Designers to iterate on the design and implementation of our product
- Identify and implement performance improvements to our website
- Participate in design, code, and architecture reviews
- Observe user testing to understand and improve usability
- Investigate new technologies that may be of use to the team
- Running A/B tests to improve our new user onboarding and making decisions based on data
- Validate new monetization strategies through targeted experiments
- Implementing search engine optimizations (SEO) to fuel our growth internationally
- Building power-user features to add to our premium subscription offerings
- Creating a system to increase engagement by sending relevant, personalized emails and notifications
- Sharing our best practices through technical blog posts, meet-ups, and conferences
Qualifications and Experience
- 2+ years of experience building rich, interactive web applications
- Passion for understanding user behavior and building beautiful user experiences
- Experience working on large-scale consumer websites, with attention to scalability and performance concerns
- Experience working with server-side MVC web frameworks and REST APIs
- Excitement about the impact your work could have in the lives of students and teachers every day
Quizlet’s Team Culture
We’re extremely proud of the powerful impact our learning tools have on people’s lives across the U.S. and the world. We focus on quality, usability, and performance across all platforms. This has helped Quizlet grow organically to a top U.S. web brand with top-ten education apps on iOS and Android. We regularly visit classrooms across the Bay Area to see Quizlet’s users in action. We believe in teamwork and communication, and we believe in each other — every member has the confidence and flexibility to take a stab at new problems across functions. We love technology and we love helping people. Come join us!
Meet Some of Quizlet's Employees
Founder & CTO
What gets me excited about Quizlet's future is the massive educational impact we can have on the millions of students around the world.
Back to top