Sr. Full Stack Engineer, Growth
- San Francisco, CA
Inspired by our belief that anyone can learn anything and powered by our own curiosity, we build the smartest tools we can imagine to help students learn.
Quizlet is the popular, global learning platform and app that millions of students, teachers and everyday people use to study any subject imaginable for school, work or as part of their personal interests -- including two-thirds of high school students and half of all college students in the US. Combining cognitive science and machine learning, Quizlet guides students through adaptive study activities to confidently reach their learning goals. We’re on track to become the undisputed leader in user-generated learning content and engagement, at the scale of YouTube.
Valued at $1 billion, Quizlet has raised over $60 million in venture capital from investors including Icon Ventures, Union Square Ventures, General Atlantic, Costanoa Ventures, Owl Ventures, and Altos Ventures.
To serve our global community of learners, our teams tackle lofty technical challenges and design for use cases across cultures and languages. We work hard, act like owners, and collaborate every chance we get. We’re energized by the potential to power more learners through multiple approaches and various tools.
With offices in major cities around the world and ambitious plans for expansion, we remain grounded in our commitment to our mission of helping people learn. We’re looking for new team members who crave a challenge and want to help us continue amplifying our impact. If you’d like to learn more, visit our careers page!
About the Team:
At Quizlet, we believe that every learner should have access to the tools that encourage and support their learning, which is why Quizlet can be used for free. For learners who want to take the best path to mastery, we offer subscriptions to premium features like Personalized Study Paths and Progress Tracking.
The Subscription team’s mission is to grow our business by helping students and teachers achieve better learning outcomes. We’re looking for engineers who are not only technically strong, but also have a deep curiosity about how to operate and grow a subscriptions business.
In this role, you will:
- Design and build experiments to grow Quizlet’s subscriber base
- Advance our growth infrastructure and processes. We constantly think about how to move faster and with better quality, and we’ll encourage you to do the same
- Mentor and lead other engineers on the team
- Our team works in two week sprints with kickoff, standup, grooming and a retro at the end to ensure our process is working for us (and not the other way around!)
- As a senior engineer, you will turn product requirements into reality. This means proposing engineering solutions, breaking down work into milestones and tasks, formulating test plans, and when it's all done understanding and communicating what we’ve learned
- Review code and engineering designs from other engineers on the team who may be working on other projects
- We love to work collaboratively - you’ll work with everybody on the team to explore creative solutions to problems so that we can continue to learn and iterate quickly
- Understand and make tradeoffs between level of investment and execution speed, along with trying to learn what works and what doesn’t as quickly as possible
What you bring to the table:
- Experience leading projects from inception to completion
- Experience or a deep curiosity about growing subscriptions revenue
- 5+ years of experience building rich, interactive web applications
- Experience working in a data driven environment - able to shift gears and go where the data leads you
- No fear of jumping into the data to analyze an A/B test or identify a new opportunity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
Bonus points if you have:
- Worked in a growth or monetization team
- Worked on subscriptions or payments
- Built tools or introduced processes to accelerate dev productivity
- Implemented an A/B testing framework
Benefits & Perks:
- Collaborate with your manager and team to create a schedule that ensures a high level of productivity (creating that ideal work/life balance)
- We offer 20 days of paid vacation (and we expect you to take them)
- We provide a monthly in home office stipend to employees while our teams are working remote for the COVID pandemic
- We’ll provide you with a laptop, top-notch benefits available to all fulltime Quizleters
We strive to make everyone feel comfortable and welcome!
We work to create a holistic interview process, where both Quizlet and candidates have an opportunity to view what it would be like to work together, in exploring a mutually beneficial partnership.
We provide a transparent setting, that gives a comprehensive view of who we are!
We hope you are excited about everything you read so far. We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. Quizlet is always looking for amazing folks that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in various ways - not merely candidates that fit a certain mold.
We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do.
We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!
To All Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
At this time Quizlet does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and/or profiles.
Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Quizlet employee. Quizlet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm nor will it be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. All unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of Quizlet.
Back to top