Sr. Engineering Manager, iOS
Senior Engineering Manager, iOS
Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they’re learning. We provide engaging and customizable activities with content contributions from people everywhere (over 150+ million study sets and counting). We have fanatical users, significant organic growth, and a strong business model that got us to profitability before raising venture capital money. Quizlet is a critical part of learning for millions of iOS users worldwide
We’re searching for an experienced iOS engineering manager to build and lead our iOS engineering team. You’ll be a key member of the engineering leadership team, helping us scale technology, people and process as we grow. You’ll be responsible for building the world’s most innovative learning experiences, and the subscriptions, advertising, and premium content businesses that support this mission.
- Lead a team of iOS engineers committed to building the world’s most innovative learning experiences
- Build the team - recruit, assess, hire, mentor and develop engineers
- Design and build iOS applications with technologies and architectures that will scale to 100 million consumers in globally diverse technology settings
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to your team members and your peers
- Drive excellent user experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, simplicity & desirability
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams
- Establish regular engineering design reviews, 1:1s, tech talks
- Inspire the team to contribute back to open source, write tech blogs, give tech talks, help organize meetups
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of experience as an iOS engineer plus 5+ years as an engineering manager building large-scale consumer iOS products
- Demonstrated progression in technical capability, especially architecture and design
- Demonstrated progression in management responsibility; experience directly managing 6 or more engineers.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management
- Passion for managing product engineering teams in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated attention to detail in building beautiful, compelling user experiences
- Experience building products that work in many countries considering language, payments, and other regional differences
- Strong computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
Quizlet's Team Culture
We’re extremely proud of the powerful impact our study tools are having on people’s lives across the U.S. and the world. Our focus on quality, usability, and performance across all platforms has helped Quizlet grow organically to reach top-ten in education apps on iOS and Android with a top 25 U.S. web site. We regularly visit classrooms across the Bay Area to see Quizlet’s users in action. We believe in teamwork and communication, and we believe in each other — every member has the confidence and flexibility to take a stab at new problems across functions. We love technology and we love helping people. Come join us!
Meet Some of Quizlet's Employees
Founder & CTO
What gets me excited about Quizlet's future is the massive educational impact we can have on the millions of students around the world.
Back to top