Senior Technical Recruiter - Contract
Senior Technical Recruiter - Contract
Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they are learning. Every month more than 50 million active learners from 130 countries practice and master more than 300 million study sets on every conceivable topic and subject. We are developing new learning experiences by modeling how students learn and by drawing upon knowledge acquisition, retention, and pedagogy in cognitive science. We are always seeking to help students master any subject by optimizing study efficiency and engagement.
Quizlet is doubling in size in 2019! We’re looking for a talented full-cycle teammate to join our in-house Recruiting Team on contract, with the possibility to extend pending strong performance. Come join an awesome company with a mission-driven, fun and inclusive culture.
Quizlet is a leading company in consumer learning technology with proven traction and huge growth ahead. Our business model is robust with two strong revenue streams — advertisements and paid subscriptions. Our ads business allows us to offer amazing study tools to millions of students around the globe for free. And our premium subscriptions give students and teachers the ability to create custom content and access learning analytics tools. Come help us scale one of the fastest growing and highest quality consumer learning brands, as we develop innovative simple-to-use study tools that help students everywhere.
You will be Quizlet's third full-cycle recruiter with the entire company supporting you as we endeavor to massively accelerate our growth. In addition to your talent sourcing and recruiting efforts, you will serve as a valuable member of Quizlet’s high performance recruiting engine, making sure that candidates have a uniquely positive experience from the first introduction to onboarding. You will care about the impact our product is having, and feel genuinely motivated to achieve that impact by growing our team.
Some examples of what you will do:
- Partner with hiring managers to understand position requirements and target candidates for open positions.
- Identify and source top talent through multiple avenues: LinkedIn, Entelo, networking, job postings, university relations, recruiting events, etc.
- Greet candidates and help facilitate the onsite and remote interview process, ensuring a high touch experience.
- Manage candidates through our high touch interview process along with hiring managers, including reference checks, salary recommendations, offer letter generation, and offer acceptance.
- Evangelize our company, product vision, technology, and why people should work for Quizlet.
Qualifications and Experience
- You care deeply about the candidate experience as we attempt to find and hire the very best people for our team.
- You have a passion for EdTech and/or doing good in the world — you’re excited about the impact your work could have on the lives of students and teachers.
- 4+ years of full cycle recruiting experience in fast-paced technical recruiting environments at startups/companies with high hiring bars.
- You are a creative, driven and productive multi-tasker who can think quickly on their feet.
- Experience with recruiting and sourcing applications (ideally Greenhouse, LinkedIn, Entelo).
- Demonstrated ability to serve as critical recruiting touchpoint for all levels of our organization with exposure to hiring from entry-level to senior management positions.
Quizlet’s Team Culture
We are here to make education better and more accessible. We strive to improve the lives of students and teachers at every stage and in every setting. We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do. We sweat the details and take personal accountability and pride in anything that carries the Quizlet name. We speak up, jump in and work with each other to fix problems, and never say "that's not my job." We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!
Back to top