Senior Product Manager, Engagement
Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they are learning. Every month more than 50 million active learners from 130 countries practice and master more than 300 million study sets on every conceivable topic and subject. We are developing new learning experiences by modeling how students learn and by drawing upon knowledge acquisition, retention, and pedagogy in cognitive science. We are always seeking to help students master any subject by optimizing study efficiency and engagement.
As a senior product manager on the engagement team, you are responsible for building out great experiences that make Quizlet the go-to study experience for students.
Quizlet is a leading company in consumer learning technology with proven traction and huge growth ahead. Our business model is robust with two strong revenue streams — advertisements and paid subscriptions. Our ads business allows us to offer amazing study tools to millions of students around the globe for free. Our premium subscriptions give students and teachers the ability to create custom content and access learning analytics tools. Come help us scale one of the fastest growing and highest quality consumer learning brands, as we develop innovative simple-to-use study tools that help students everywhere.
What you’ll be doing
- Build out a user lifecycle framework that can be used by team members across the company to align on the journey of a user through the Quizlet product.
- Own the personalization engine to better guide students to reach their learning goals.
- Brainstorm new or refine existing experiences that helps students deepen their learning.
- Build out a re-engagement strategy to remind users about the power of Quizlet.
- You have 4+ years in a Product Manager role
- You have built out great user experiences that have delighted end users and you LOVED doing it.
- You have spent hours obsessing over user needs and ways you can help your users reach their goals.
- You have experience A/B testing and have examples of times data showed you your intuition was right and wrong!
- You have worked with ambiguity and were able to put structure around a vision your team was excited to go and deliver on.
- You are pumped about building a great company for the long term, and making a huge, positive impact in the world and on education.
- You have professional and/or lived experience that embodies and exemplifies Quizlet’s core values.
- You have past experience working on user lifecycle and re-engagement
- You have past experience working on personalization.
- You have past experience working on retention.
Quizlet's Team Culture
We are here to make education better and more accessible. We strive to improve the lives of students and teachers at every stage and in every setting. We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do. We sweat the details and take personal accountability and pride in anything that carries the Quizlet name. We speak up, jump in and work with each other to fix problems, and never say "that's not my job." We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!
Back to top