Senior Product Design Manager
Senior Product Design Manager
Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they are learning. Every month over 50 million active learners from 130 countries use Quizlet to study every conceivable topic and subject.
The Quizlet Product Design team is looking for a dynamic, creative, and hands-on design leader with a track record for tackling ambiguous problems, building high-quality consumer apps at scale and leading small teams. In this role, you will be responsible for executing on design work as well as mentoring and managing other designers, and helping to establish a team culture in which designers can do their very best work.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Lead complex design initiatives that facilitate effective and engaging learning
- Partner cross-functionally with Product and Engineering managers to contribute to teams’ product strategies and roadmaps
- Support efforts to make our experience as mobile-friendly and cross-platform as possible, for example by contributing to our design system and a shared set of design principles across the team
- Be an active manager and mentor for designers, partnering with them to create opportunities as they chart their own career growth
- Hire and onboard new designers for our team, attracting top talent and managing performance to help us build a world-class design team
- Be one of the public faces of the Quizlet design team, evangelizing our brand in the public forums that you gravitate toward naturally
Are you our next Senior Product Design Manager?
- 3+ years of experience managing designers in a fast-growing company
- 6+ years of experience in a leading individual contributor role designing cross-channel user experiences across desktop web, mobile web, mobile apps, and other channels
- Track record of using design to produce measurable business results and user value
- Has successfully launched habit-forming products that people love and/or products that excel at helping users discover new content
- Systems thinker and a creative problem-solver, with proven expertise turning complex consumer problems into simple and engaging products, all the way from high-level concepts down into the UI details
- Are extremely comfortable working in a fast-moving agile environment and collaborating with product managers, engineers, researchers, customer support teams, marketers, and more.
- Experienced iterating on products post-launch based on user data about how designs are performing
- Excellent communication skills and a hands-on leadership style grounded in collaboration, humility and candor
- Has an outstanding portfolio, showcasing a strong foundation in ideation, information architecture, interaction design, visual design, and producing high-impact business results
Quizlet is a leading company in consumer learning technology with proven traction and huge growth ahead. Our business model is robust with two strong revenue streams — advertisements and paid subscriptions. Our ads business allows us to offer amazing study tools to millions of students around the globe for free. Our premium subscriptions give students and teachers the ability to create custom content and access learning analytics tools. Come help us scale one of the fastest growing and highest quality consumer learning brands, as we develop innovative simple-to-use study tools that help students everywhere.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!
Back to top