Senior Full Stack Engineer - Denver, CO
Senior Full Stack Engineer - Denver, CO
Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they are learning. Every month over 30 million active learners from 130 countries practice and master more than 200 million study sets on every conceivable topic and subject. We are developing new learning experiences by modeling how students learn and by drawing upon knowledge acquisition, retention, and tracing pedagogy in cognitive science. We are always seeking to help students master any subject by optimizing study efficiency and engagement.
We're looking for Full Stack Engineers to help us build features and ship experiments. We take advantage of modern tools like React, Flow, webpack and Prettier, and are passionate about delivering high-quality user experiences. This is a full-time position at our new Denver, CO office.
Quizlet is a leading company in education technology with proven traction and huge growth ahead. Our business model is strong and got us to profitability before raising venture capital money. Come help us scale one of the fastest growing and highest quality consumer learning brands, as we develop innovative simple-to-use study tools that help students everywhere. Quizlet is a fun and unique company in a truly exciting phase of its growth.
- Build features and ship experiments using React/Redux
- Collaborate with Backend Engineers to design and implement APIs
- Build automation and abstractions (such as reusable UI components) to improve development speed
- Architect and implement data fetching and state management systems on the front-end
- Work with Product Designers to iterate on the design and implementation of our product
- Identify and implement performance improvements to our website
- Participate in design, code, and architecture reviews
- Observe user testing to understand and improve usability
- Investigate new technologies that may be of use to the team
- Running A/B tests to improve our new user experience and making decisions based on data
- Deploying a real-time multiplayer classroom activity that supports millions of users
- Prototyping new content creation and learning experiences
- Building power-user features to add to our premium offerings
- Implementing a GraphQL client that makes it easy to fetch and mutate data on the front-end
- Sharing our best practices through technical blog posts, meet-ups, and conferences
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of experience building rich, interactive web applications
- Passion for understanding user behavior and building beautiful user experiences
- Experience working on large-scale consumer websites, with attention to scalability and performance concerns
- Experience working with server-side MVC web frameworks and REST APIs
- Excitement about the impact your work could have on the lives of students and teachers every day
Quizlet’s Team Culture
We are here to make education better and more accessible. We strive to improve the lives of students and teachers at every stage and in every setting. We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do. We sweat the details and take personal accountability and pride in anything that carries the Quizlet name. We speak up, jump in and work with each other to fix problems, and never say "that's not my job." We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!
Quizlet’s Denver Office
Quizlet, the leading consumer learning app to help people practice and master whatever they are learning, is excited to announce that it is expanding the rapidly growing company with a new office in Denver, Colorado. With over 75 employees in San Francisco, Denver offers access to a depth of talent in one of the world’s fastest growing tech centers. Quizlet is looking to continue its rapid expansion to help better serve the global learning community. With rapid growth of over 2 million new users every month, we are looking to build a strong team to expand beyond our current San Francisco location. We are looking for engineering leaders across web, mobile and backend as well as specialists in data science, product analytics, designers, and product managers. We’re looking to grow a full team and presence in Denver, and as a candidate you have the opportunity to be a founding member. You’ll not only start to immediately contribute to the Quizlet platform but also help in shaping our second office location and building out a team of Quizletters committed to changing the way people learn and making high quality studying and learning available to everyone.
Meet Some of Quizlet's Employees
Founder & CTO
What gets me excited about Quizlet's future is the massive educational impact we can have on the millions of students around the world.
Back to top