Path Forward: Communications Associate
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Quizlet is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Quizlet, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
Path Forward: Communications Associate
Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they are learning. Every month over 30 million active learners from 130 countries practice and master more than 200 million study sets on every conceivable topic and subject. We are developing new learning experiences by modeling how students learn and by drawing upon knowledge acquisition, retention, and tracing pedagogy in cognitive science. We are always seeking to help students master any subject by optimizing study efficiency and engagement.
The Communications Associate role is an opportunity to partner with our Head of Communications to grow awareness of Quizlet as the company expands internationally. A small but mighty team, this is the perfect time to leverage your expertise and love of connecting people through great storytelling and strong data to educate learners around the world about Quizlet’s positive impact on helping master whatever you want to learn.
Quizlet is a leading company in education technology with proven traction and huge growth ahead. Our business model is strong and got us to profitability before raising venture capital money. Come help us scale one of the fastest growing and highest quality consumer learning brands, as we develop innovative simple-to-use study tools that help students everywhere. Quizlet is a fun and unique company in a truly exciting phase of its growth.
- As an excellent storyteller, you will have a key role in helping to raise the brand’s global profile through integrated communications programming
- Using your keen research skills, you will help identify key trends, story angles and media targets appropriate for the Quizlet brand, both domestic and international
- You are excited to help develop a program that identifies user stories (educators and students) in different geographic regions to be pitched on local and national levels
- Understanding the relationship between traditional PR and social media programming, you have a genuine interest in exploring newer communications channels and will help develop a strategy around podcasts and social media influencers
- You enjoy of the art of relationship building, and you embrace the opportunity to interact with media, business partners, investor entities, influencers and more
- You have experience leveraging events, experts and/or partnerships, and will be a key part of brainstorming and identifying potential partners to expand the brand’s reach
- You will use your ability in creating well-constructed written materials to develop pitches, bylines, press kit materials, briefing documents and slide presentations
- You consider yourself a team player, and are ready to partner with the head of communications, other Quizlet departments, and our regional PR agencies to uncover opportunities and help usher them to fruition
- You are familiar with utilizing vendor resources (such as the Cision database, monitoring services, PR Newswire, etc.)
- You are comfortable with start-up culture, and are cool to perform administrative functions to help keep the department organized (coverage tracking, vendor invoices, etc.)
- You show good judgment and interpersonal skills as a key representative of the brand<
- You maintain a respectful and professional attitude towards all coworkers and present a consistent, high level of enthusiasm
- Minimum 5 years experience in communications or public relations
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or Journalism preferred
- Public relations agency or journalism experience a plus
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, but able to grasp broad concepts
- Good organizational ability
- Good time management skills, and ability to prioritize workload
- Team player and good people skills
- Genuine interest in education and learning space
Quizlet’s Team Culture
We are here to make education better and more accessible. We strive to improve the lives of students and teachers at every stage and in every setting. We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do. We sweat the details and take personal accountability and pride in anything that carries the Quizlet name. We speak up, jump in and work with each other to fix problems, and never say "that's not my job." We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!
Back to top