Path Forward: Account Manager
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Quizlet is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Quizlet, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
Path Forward: Account Manager
Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they are learning. Every month over 30 million active learners from 130 countries practice and master more than 200 million study sets on every conceivable topic and subject. We are developing new learning experiences by modeling how students learn and by drawing upon knowledge acquisition, retention, and tracing pedagogy in cognitive science. We are always seeking to help students master any subject by optimizing study efficiency and engagement.
Quizlet is looking for an experienced, highly motivated individual to be a key contributor in Quizlet’s Revenue Operations Team. The Account Manager will be responsible for working with internal and external partners for one of the most recognizable consumer brands, as we scale from the largest study platform in the US to a global education brand serving 1 billion learners around the world.
You will work directly with key advertisers/agencies, sales executives, and ad ops to flawlessly execute campaigns. You will be responsible for maintaining day-to-day client communication, keeping track of campaign deliverables and building best practices for client management.
Quizlet is a leading company in education technology with proven traction and huge growth ahead. Our business model is strong and got us to profitability before raising venture capital money. Come help us scale one of the fastest growing and highest quality consumer learning brands, as we develop innovative simple-to-use study tools that help students everywhere. Quizlet is a fun and unique company in a truly exciting phase of its growth.
Some examples of what you will be doing:
- Be a key part of the sales team, helping hit ambitious revenue goals and by driving strategy and optimization for all digital advertising campaigns.
- Partner with Account Executives to provide materials for proposals/avails submissions including media recommendations, screenshots, research and competitive data.
- Work directly with client on pre-launch specifications and assets.
- Monitor campaign delivery, pacing and escalate any issues when necessary.
- Work with Ad Operations to troubleshoot any ad creative issues that impact tracking, implementation, or reporting.
- Gather valuable market and client insights and ideas to provide key inputs to the product development process.
- Identify upsell opportunities by understanding your client's’ goals and objectives.
- 4+ years experience managing advertisers/agencies in fast moving, high quality organizations.
- Knowledge of pre-sale process and creation of media plans; experience with custom display, mobile, and video advertising products
- Very strong knowledge of digital advertising best practices, processes, and technologies, including knowledge in digital ad serving, display ad networks, video ads, mobile ads, IP targeting, and native advertising.
- Extensive knowledge of digital media systems and tools (ie. attribution, tagging, ad verification).
- Great with both numbers and people. In addition to strong analytical skills and, you will be a highly effective communicator with good people instincts - able to build trust and work well with a diverse group inside and outside the company.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects big and small; while this is a hands-on role in a small company, you will also be a key member of the team building and scaling Quizlet’s business operations over the years ahead.
- High integrity individual who is enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term, and making a huge, positive impact in the world and on education.
- Highly proficient in Excel, analytics software, and SQL always a plus.
Quizlet’s Team Culture
We are here to make education better and more accessible. We strive to improve the lives of students and teachers at every stage and in every setting. We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do. We sweat the details and take personal accountability and pride in anything that carries the Quizlet name. We speak up, jump in and work with each other to fix problems, and never say "that's not my job." We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!
Meet Some of Quizlet's Employees
Founder & CTO
What gets me excited about Quizlet's future is the massive educational impact we can have on the millions of students around the world.
Back to top