Want to build useful and intuitive iOS apps for one of the top education brands in the world?
Quizlet is a pioneer in education technology with tens of millions of active users and HUGE growth ahead. We’re seeking talented and experienced developers who want to build tools that empower students across the US and world. We’re backed by Union Square Ventures, Costanoa Venture Capital, Altos Ventures and Owl Ventures. Our business model is strong and got us to profitability before raising venture capital money. Come join a small team of engineers building and deploying new products to over a million users a day.
Millions of students around the world rely on Quizlet’s mobile apps. You will work with an experienced team to architect and set the foundation for the app to continue to exceed our high standards for performance, quality, and impact as we continue to scale our team.
You must be excited by tackling the unique challenges of handling and presenting user generated content on a large scale. In addition, you should be able to apply knowledge of how users interact with Quizlet to build intuitive features that will be delightful to use and directly increase Quizlet’s impact on education.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal iOS team member for Quizlet should:
- Be deeply excited about the impact your work will have on the lives of students and teachers every day
- Enjoy collaborating with an experienced team to innovate in both product and engineering decisions
- Strong experience working with Swift and solid understanding of Obj-C
- Highly value engineering discipline in unit tests, integration tests and code review
- Have proven experience building high-quality iOS apps, ideally in the App Store
- Be interested in contributing to the iOS community with open source projects, blog posts and/or speaking at conferences/meetups.
Quizlet’s Team Culture
We’re extremely proud of the powerful impact our study tools are having on people’s lives across the U.S. and the world. Our focus on quality, usability, and performance across all platforms has helped Quizlet grow organically to a top U.S. web brand with top education apps on iOS and Android. We regularly visit classrooms across the Bay Area to see Quizlet’s users in action. We believe in teamwork and communication, and we believe in each other — every member has the confidence and flexibility to take a stab at new problems across functions. We love technology and we love helping people. Come join us!
Meet Some of Quizlet's Employees
Founder & CTO
What gets me excited about Quizlet's future is the massive educational impact we can have on the millions of students around the world.
Back to top