Want to be a go-to person for back-end architecture and ops on the most-used learning platform in the U.S.? Want to work on a service that is rapidly scaling and relied upon by millions of students and teachers worldwide?
Quizlet is a leading company in education technology with proven traction and huge growth ahead. We’re backed by Union Square Ventures, Costanoa Venture Capital, Altos Ventures and Owl Ventures. Our business model is strong and got us to profitability before raising venture capital money.
Come join our team of just a handful of engineers building and deploying new products to over 1 million users a day. Our opportunity is to tackle projects that enable novel learning experiences for hundreds of millions of learners.
Recent projects infrastructure engineers at Quizlet have worked on include moving our entire architecture to Google Cloud and setting up a massively scalable data pipeline. We have a small, nimble team relative to Quizlet’s traffic and impact, so you’ll immediately take on lots of responsibility. You’ll work on building and scaling high-availability server systems, high-performance search, automation, optimizing data storage, among many other challenges.
Quizlet is an indispensable utility used daily by millions of students and teachers around the globe. If our site goes down, even just for a few minutes, the pain is felt intensely. Speed is crucial, and downtime is not an option as we grow — during the school year, we are in the top 50 most-visited websites in the U.S. These are challenges you will face on day one at Quizlet.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal team member for Quizlet should:
- Have strong, real-world experience building resilient, scalable architecture and troubleshooting various back-end challenges
- Be excited about being a person on whom tens of millions of students are depending
- Have significant experience with Linux or Unix, Python, Go, PHP, MySQL, bash, Puppet or similar back-end systems and frameworks
- Be able to comfortably navigate the full web stack for visibility into how the entire system is operating
- Always strive to improve reliability, performance, scalability and all other parts of an infrastructure
- Be deeply excited about the impact his or her work could have on the lives of students and teachers every day
- Be comfortable with real responsibility instead of waiting for orders
Quizlet’s Team Culture
We’re extremely proud of the powerful impact our study tools are having on people’s lives across the U.S. and the world. Quality, usability, and performance across all platforms is our main focus. This has helped Quizlet grow organically to a top U.S. web brand with top-ten education apps on iOS and Android. We regularly visit classrooms across the Bay Area to see Quizlet’s users in action. We believe in teamwork and communication, and we believe in each other — every member has the confidence and flexibility to take a stab at new problems across functions. We love technology and we love helping people. Come join us!
Meet Some of Quizlet's Employees
As a member of the Core Growth Team, Ankush’s main goal is to develop engaging experiences for users on the Android app and website so they come back time and time again.
Back to top