Director of Finance
Director of Finance
Quizlet is looking for an experienced, highly motivated individual to support the build out and manage financial operations for our business as we scale from a 60-person team currently reaching over 60M learners and teachers a month, to a much larger organization serving 1 billion people around the world
You will work directly with the leadership team to manage key aspects of our financial functions and processes. You will be responsible for deeply understanding the product and business, pushing for financial strength and excellence, and enabling the team with effective processes that support both quality execution and growth.
Come help us scale and run one of the fastest growing and highest quality consumer learning brands, as we develop innovative, simple-to-use study tools that help students everywhere learn. Quizlet is a fun, unique company in a truly exciting phase of its growth.
Some examples of what you’ll be doing:
- Driving and managing key finance areas including financials, forecasting and planning, tax, payables and expenses, payroll, risk management, facilities, and key vendor relationships in these areas (banks, accounting firms, etc.).
- Supporting and engaging with the rest of the team in related areas including revenue optimization, cost management, risk management, infrastructure development, and operational data analytics.
- Pushing for financial strength and efficient use of our cash
- Building out lightweight, transparent systems that scale and fit our needs and culture.
- Taking an entrepreneurial approach to the role, working collaboratively with the leadership team to get things done.
Qualifications and Experience
- 7+ years financial and related operational experience in fast moving, high quality organizations. Experience with consumer technology businesses a plus.
- Ability to deliver on a broad portfolio of responsibilities on your own, and ‘figure stuff out’ quickly and effectively.
- Great with both numbers and people. In addition to strong analytical skills and facility with financial tools, you will be a highly effective communicator with good people instincts - able to build trust and work well with a diverse group inside and outside the company.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects big and small; while this is a hands-on role in a small company, you will also be a key member of the team building and scaling Quizlet over the years ahead.
- Prior experience in a VC-backed company owning finance functions such as financial planning and analysis, budgeting, and cash management,.
- High integrity individual who is enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term, and making a huge, positive impact in the world and on education.
Quizlet’s Team Culture
We’re extremely proud of the powerful impact our study tools are having on people’s lives across the U.S. and the world. Quality, usability, and performance across all platforms is our main focus. This has helped Quizlet grow organically to a top 50 U.S. web brand with top-five education apps on iOS and Android. We regularly visit classrooms and lecture halls of all kinds to see Quizlet’s users in action. We believe in teamwork and communication, and we believe in each other — every member has the confidence and flexibility to take a stab at new problems across functions. We love technology and we love helping people. Come join us!
Meet Some of Quizlet's Employees
Founder & CTO
What gets me excited about Quizlet's future is the massive educational impact we can have on the millions of students around the world.
Back to top