Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they’re learning. We provide engaging and customizable activities with content contributions from people everywhere (over 150+ million study sets and counting). We have fanatical users, significant organic growth, and a strong business model that got us to profitability before raising venture capital money. Over 50 million people visit Quizlet.com or our mobile apps monthly.
We're developing machine learning models for knowledge acquisition, retention and mastery on top of the largest and most granular dataset in education. We’re searching for a data engineer who can support our data science, analytics and research teams by helping to design and scale the data processing critical to this pursuit.
A great candidate will be meticulous and detail oriented and interested in gaining exposure to machine learning development and implementation. You should also be interested in working with large amounts of data - Quizlet shows billions of questions a month to users worldwide.
- Design, build, and maintain data pipelines that power analytics at Quizlet
- Define and synthesize data logging best practices
- Work with all engineering platforms to decide how to track and record events
- Visualize and draw insights from data into dashboards
- Assist with production monitoring and debugging of our data pipelines
- Designing and integrating a data pipeline for a new analytics vendor
- Defining new recurring metrics and dashboards for the Learning team
- Building an abstraction layer for screen tracking on our web client
- Re-architecting our logging tables and ETL pipelines
- Identifying and implementing performance improvements for our machine learning pipeline
Qualifications and Experience
- 2+ years in the industry as a data engineer or backend engineer
- Highly proficient with SQL, and the desire to mentor and teach others SQL
- Highly proficient in Python scripting and software development
- Driven by a curiosity and motivation to explore data
- Experience dealing with DevOps concerns for data pipelines
- A passion for improving education
Bonus Points For...
- Experience with PHP, JVM
- Experience designing elegant APIs for data processing
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
Quizlet’s Team Culture
We’re extremely proud of the powerful impact our study tools are having on people’s lives across the U.S. and the world. Quality, usability, and performance across all platforms is our main focus. This has helped Quizlet grow organically to a top U.S. web brand with top-ten education apps on iOS and Android. We regularly visit classrooms across the Bay Area to see Quizlet’s users in action. We believe in teamwork and communication, and we believe in each other — every member has the confidence and flexibility to take a stab at new problems across functions. We love technology and we love helping people. Come join us!
Meet Some of Quizlet's Employees
Founder & CTO
What gets me excited about Quizlet's future is the massive educational impact we can have on the millions of students around the world.
Back to top