Country Manager, UK
Country Manager, UK
Location - London, UK
Quizlet is looking for an experienced and highly motivated individual to lead all in-market initiatives in the UK as we scale from the leading study platform in the U.S. to a global education brand serving a billion learners.
You will be based in the UK, though working cross-functionally and closely with team leads at our offices in San Francisco and Denver. You’ll be the primary driver and point person for strategy and operations in your market, with ownership of our go-to-market plans and their execution. You will be a key leader in our international efforts, identifying, initiating and driving key marketing and business development opportunities, and working to make Quizlet succeed in the region. You will be responsible for deeply understanding the product and business, owning and pushing forward project deliverables, and generating insights that inform international growth strategies across the company.
Come help us scale one of the fastest growing and highest impact learning platforms in the world, as we develop innovative simple-to-use study tools that help students everywhere learn. Quizlet is a fun and outstanding company in a truly exciting phase of its growth.
Some examples of what you’ll be doing:
- Driving and managing key growth initiatives from start to finish, including researching opportunities, proposing actions, and leading the hands-on execution.
- Identifying and building key relationships with partners and organizations (publishers, NGOs, schools, government, media, Google, telcos, etc.) that can drive awareness and growth for Quizlet.
- Engaging with our leadership in the US on marketing, product, or engineering work that relates to your market.
- Building and managing a team to drive effective user acquisition, community engagement, and press efforts.
- Acting as an in-market expert and spokesperson, identifying and communicating pertinent business insights and analysis related to your market and to Quizlet’s larger international efforts.
- Taking an entrepreneurial approach to the role, working collaboratively with other teams across the company to get things done.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of leadership experience in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environments.
- Experience in high growth consumer technology businesses and/or experience in the education technology industry a plus.
- Ability to deliver on a broad portfolio of responsibilities on your own, and ‘figure stuff out’ quickly and effectively.
- Great with both numbers and people. In addition to having strong analytical skills, you will be a highly effective communicator with good people instincts — able to build trust and work well with a diverse group inside and outside the company.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects big and small.
- Native, or long term resident if the UK, well connected and familiar with the issues that students and educators care about
- Ability to travel both within Europe, and to our company headquarters in San Francisco
- A high-integrity individual who is enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term, and making a huge, positive impact in the world and on education
- Proven ability to activate new markets and learn new technologies.
Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they are learning. Every month more than 50 million active learners from 130 countries practice and master more than 300 million study sets on every conceivable topic and subject. We are developing new learning experiences by modeling how students learn and by drawing upon knowledge acquisition, retention, and pedagogy in cognitive science. We are always seeking to help students master any subject by optimizing study efficiency and engagement.
Quizlet is a leading company in consumer learning technology with proven traction and huge growth ahead. Our business model is robust with two strong revenue streams — advertisements and paid subscriptions. Our ads business allows us to offer amazing study tools to millions of students around the globe for free. Our premium subscriptions give students and teachers the ability to create custom content and access learning analytics tools. Come help us scale one of the fastest growing and highest quality consumer learning brands, as we develop innovative simple-to-use study tools that help students everywhere.
Back to top