Country Manager - India
Country Manager - India
Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they are learning. Every month over 30 million active learners from 130 countries practice and master more than 200 million study sets on every conceivable topic and subject. We are developing new learning experiences by modeling how students learn and by drawing upon knowledge acquisition, retention, and tracing pedagogy in cognitive science. We are always seeking to help students master any subject by optimizing study efficiency and engagement.
Quizlet is looking for an experienced and highly motivated individual to lead all in-market growth initiatives in India, as we scale Quizlet from the leading study platform in the US to a global education brand serving a billion learners.
You will be based in India, though working cross-functionally and closely with team leads at our home office in San Francisco. You’ll be the primary driver and point person for all strategic growth efforts in your market, both collaborating to draft our go-to-market plans but also leading their execution. You will be a key leader in our international efforts, identifying, initiating and driving key marketing and business development opportunities, and working to make Quizlet succeed in your market. You will be responsible for deeply understanding the product and business, owning and pushing forward project deliverables, and generating insights that inform international growth strategies across the company.
Quizlet is a leading company in education technology with proven traction and huge growth ahead. Our business model is strong and got us to profitability before raising venture capital money. Come help us scale one of the fastest growing and highest quality consumer learning brands, as we develop innovative simple-to-use study tools that help students everywhere. Quizlet is a fun and unique company in a truly exciting phase of its growth.
Some examples of what you’ll be doing:
- Driving and managing key growth initiatives from start to finish, including researching opportunities, proposing actions, and doing the hands-on execution work.
- Identifying and building key relationships with partners and organizations (publishers, NGOs, schools, government, media, Google, telcos, etc.) that can drive awareness and growth for Quizlet.
- Supporting and engaging with team leads in the San Francisco office on any marketing, product, or engineering work that relates to your market.
- Working with the San Francisco team and in-market resources as needed to drive effective paid acquisition, community engagement, and press efforts.
- Acting as an in-market expert, identifying and communicating to the team pertinent business insights and analysis, related both to your market and to Quizlet’s larger international efforts.
- Taking an entrepreneurial approach to the role, working collaboratively with other teams to get things done.
- 5+ years experience in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environments.
- Ability to deliver on a broad portfolio of responsibilities on your own, and ‘figure stuff out’ quickly and effectively.
- Great with both numbers and people. In addition to strong analytical skills and, you will be a highly effective communicator with good people instincts — able to build trust and work well with a diverse group inside and outside the company.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects big and small.
- Highly proficient in Excel and analytics software.
- Fluency and literacy in Hindi and English.
- High integrity individual who is enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term, and making a huge, positive impact in the world and on education.
- Experience in consumer technology businesses or in the education technology industry is a plus.
- High proficiency in SQL is a plus.
Quizlet’s Team Culture
We are here to make education better and more accessible. We strive to improve the lives of students and teachers at every stage and in every setting. We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do. We sweat the details and take personal accountability and pride in anything that carries the Quizlet name. We speak up, jump in and work with each other to fix problems, and never say "that's not my job." We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!
Back to top