Quizlet’s mission is to help students and teachers everywhere practice and master whatever they want to learn. As a top-50 US website, we have more than 20 million users a month — and we’re looking for a Communications Lead to tell the Quizlet story to a broad audience through media relations, written communication, and social media.
As Quizlet’s first communications hire, you’ll be responsible for telling our unique story and growing overall awareness of who Quizlet is and why we matter. You’ll have the opportunity to develop our public relations strategy, own the relationships with the key press who cover Quizlet, and have a big impact on our business. As part of a small overall marketing team, you’ll work closely with marketing to build brand awareness, develop compelling social media content, and write copy that sings. You will bring a passion for high-quality communications programs and thrive working in a fast paced, dynamic startup environment.
Qualifications and Experience
- 7+ years communications experience, either in-house or at an agency
- Strong media relationships across consumer, technology and business press
- Able to both work independently to drive programs forward or collaborate with an agency
- Work with Quizlet founders and executives to communicate our strategy, values, products, and technology
- Build the Quizlet brand through successful storytelling across on-site content, social media, video, and other channels
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally, collaborate, influence and work as part of a small team
- Enthusiastic about learning new things and building out new skill sets within the communication function
- Excellent analytical skills to break down and solve complex problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Quizlet’s Team Culture
We’re extremely proud of the powerful impact our study tools are having on people’s lives across the U.S. and the world. Our focus on quality, usability, and performance across all platforms has helped Quizlet grow organically to a top U.S. web brand with top-ten education apps on iOS and Android. We regularly visit classrooms across the Bay Area to see Quizlet’s users in action. We believe in teamwork and communication, and we believe in each other — every member has the confidence and flexibility to take a stab at new problems across functions. We love technology and we love helping people. Come join us!
Meet Some of Quizlet's Employees
As a member of the Core Growth Team, Ankush’s main goal is to develop engaging experiences for users on the Android app and website so they come back time and time again.
Back to top