Want to build useful and intuitive Android apps for one of the top education brands in the world?
Quizlet is a pioneer in education technology with tens of millions of active users and HUGE growth ahead. We’re seeking talented and experienced developers who want to build learning tools that empower students and teachers globally. We’re backed by Union Square Ventures, Costanoa Venture Capital, Altos Ventures and Owl Ventures. Our business model is strong and got us to profitability before raising venture capital money. Come join a small team of engineers building and deploying new products to over a million users per day.
Quizlet’s Android app is already in the top ten education apps in the Google Play store and we’re just getting started. You’ll drive the Quizlet experience on Android devices, building out cutting-edge features accessible to millions of users around the world.
You must care passionately about product design and user experience, and develop a deep understanding of how users interact with Quizlet. The intuitive UI features you build will drive user engagement and thus directly affect the magnitude of Quizlet’s impact on education.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal Android team member for Quizlet should:
- Have a solid foundation in Java fundamentals.
- Have proven experience building high-quality apps, ideally published on Google Play.
- Enjoy building beautiful user interfaces based around Material Design principles.
- Have experience using popular libraries for Android development in the networking, database, and UI layers.
- Have experience consuming web APIs and making HTTP requests.
- Be familiar with reactive programming paradigms and/or RxJava.
- Be able to write unit tests for critical code paths.
- Be deeply excited about the impact his or her work could have in the lives of students and teachers every day.
Quizlet’s Team Culture
We’re extremely proud of the powerful impact our study tools are having on people’s lives across the U.S. and the world. Our focus on quality, usability, and performance across all platforms has helped Quizlet grow organically to a top U.S. web brand with top-ten education apps on iOS and Android. We regularly visit classrooms across the Bay Area to see Quizlet’s users in action. We believe in teamwork and communication, and we believe in each other — every member has the confidence and flexibility to take a stab at new problems across functions. We love technology and we love helping people. Come join us!
Meet Some of Quizlet's Employees
Founder & CTO
What gets me excited about Quizlet's future is the massive educational impact we can have on the millions of students around the world.
Back to top